• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

If viewing environment is not properly configured to use adobe what do I do?

New Here ,
Mar 25, 2015 Mar 25, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The document you are trying to load requires Adobe Reader 8 or higher. You may not have the Adobe Reader installed or your viewing environment may not be properly configured to use Adobe Reader. For information on how to install Adobe Reader and configure your viewing environment please see http://www.adobe.com/go/pdf_forms_configure. This is the message I get when trying to open a simple document. What can I do?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What OS, browser and version of Reader?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi and thanks for the reply,

I am using an Apple iMac OSX leopard and Chrome and I just downloaded the latest Adobe Reader.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ah, Chrome. Chrome locks out Adobe Reader. Just save what you see to your desktop and open it in Adobe Reader. If you still get the message double check, you still aren't using Adobe Reader.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 28, 2022 Jun 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using windows 10, chrome

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 28, 2022 Jun 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Same, Anthony. Download the file. Start Reader. Open the file using Open ffom

the File menu. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I cannot believe that I am the only person on the planet to experience the configuration message. Today I spent 3 hours trying to get Adobe to work. It there an alternative to this abomination?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maybe if you answer the questions I asked...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also, keep in mind this is a user forum not a chat room. You need to have patience and wait until someone comes in to view your question.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 18, 2020 Aug 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

dear when i duble click on adobe file so i get the given below message

The document you are trying to load requires Adobe Reader 8 or higher. You may not have the Adobe Reader installed or your viewing environment may not be properly configured to use Adobe Reader. For information on how to install Adobe Reader and configure your viewing environment please see http://www.adobe.com/go/pdf_forms_configure. This is the message I get when trying to open a simple document. What can I do?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines