1 Reply Latest reply on Feb 5, 2007 12:40 PM by SymTsb

loading in external movie

noddy5000 Level 1
      hi all

I have a problem loading in movies from a movie with a scrolling menu. the problem is the movie(load.swf, the movie trying to load into)is also loaded into main movie, so because of this needs the code;

_global.loadNewMovie():

at the end of the maintimeline to load in and out of the main movie.
      thus my problem, I have the movie load.swf loading in and out of my main.swf but know I can't get the little external movies to load into load.swf......does this make any sense...sorry bit of a newbie : (

so movie trying to load into is

load.fla

small external movies to load

movie1_02.fla
      movie1_03.fla

I've put a link to a zipped folder with the fla's in would anyone beable to help me get the movies movie1_02.fla and
      movie1_03.fla loading into load.fla whilst still keeping the

_global.loadNewMovie():

on the main timeline??

heres the ln link

http://www.pmrltd.co.uk/help.html

cheers for your help
        • 1. Re: loading in external movie
          SymTsb Level 2
          if you want the movies to simply load into your load.swf like this and when one finishes the next loads in, you'd be better off creating a container movie clip at (0,0) that you load your load.swf movie into. tell this movie to play through its timeline. at the end of that timeline, have it do a this.loadMovie("movie1_02.swf") and then add a line of AS on the end of movie1_02.swf that would
          this.loadMovie("movie1_03.swf"). not the best approach but it should work.