• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Shockwave Flash 17.0.0.134 crashing

New Here ,
Mar 25, 2015 Mar 25, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having issues since my upgrade to the plugin shockwave flash 17.0.0.134. It keeps crashing. Haulting the system and making it hard to do anything. No videos play on Hulu, YouTube, Facebook, or other sites. Cannot play games. Everything was updated yesterday, 3/24/15 and this started. Tried redoing the installation today, same issues. Using the latest Firefox.

Please help.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 25, 2015 Mar 25, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://forums.adobe.com/thread/1195540

[topic moved to Flash Player forum]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 26, 2015 Mar 26, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you haven't restarted the computer, that would be a good place to begin.

After that, I'd try the section in our video troubleshooting guide about disabling hardware acceleration:

http://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/video-playback-issues.html

If you're still stuck, I'm going to need to know more about your computer and browser:

https://forums.adobe.com/message/5249945#5249945

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 26, 2015 Mar 26, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I also have this problem with Flash player keeping crashing everytime it starts (I disabled it because it slowed my browser, if not, at the first webpage w/ flash content loading it launches, slows down the browser, then crashes)

I've been around all the support guides and done everything and It didn't work.

I'm on Win 8.1

Firefox 36.0.4

Flash player 17.0.0.134 (hardware acceleration disabled, protected mode off)

When I try to watch a single video on YT I get the message 'Flash player has crashed' with the report message option for example.

Thanks for the help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 27, 2015 Mar 27, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah, Flash running on Firefox in Windows 8.1 has some unique problems that make it less stable than other flavors of Windows.  We have a couple fixes in the pipeline that will hopefully resolve a lot of this pain, but they take a while to move through the various stability channels.  You're really much better off using a different browser for Flash stuff, at least for another month or two, unless you want to try out beta builds of Firefox and Flash in the meantime (and it will still probably be a couple weeks before the current fixes show up there).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 28, 2015 Mar 28, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the advice. I managed to find a beta version (152 or 154 I guess) and now it works

Youtube is ok, dailymotion too.

I still have a problem on vocaroo.com which is a website that gives the possibility to record your voice message to send it on the web. I cant read the messages. But that ain't so important.

I'll keep waiting for a stable build then.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 29, 2015 Mar 29, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi I've been experiencing issues with the latest Flash Player update.

• Your operating system & version - WIndows 8.1 64bit
  • Your web browser(s) & version - Firefox version36.0.4
  • Your Flash Player version - 17.0.0.134

When playing embeded videos on various webpages and Youtube. The video playback tends to be choppy or stuttery while the audio is playing fine. The flash player ocasionally crashes as well.

I have tried to get all my drivers updated in case that solve it but it did nothing. I have turned of hardware acceleration but no changes. I have restarted my Laptop multiple times but that doesn't help either. The problems persists even when video is fully loaded on those webpages.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 30, 2015 Mar 30, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

See my previous post.  If you want a smooth experience, you're better off using a different browser on Win8.1 at the moment. Check back in for the next major update or two to Firefox.  Hopefully the situation will be improved significantly at that point.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 01, 2015 Apr 01, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We are having the same issue but not on Windows 8.1 and not just on one computer but numerous computers across our campus.

We're having the issue on Windows 7 Enterprise x64 with both Firefox and Chrome using Flash Player 17.0.0.134.

We've had issues with Flash Player for a while now, but it definitely seems that the last few updates have gotten substantially worse.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 01, 2015 Apr 01, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Jason,

The hard part is that everything is changing simultaneously, so it's hard to differentiate between what the browser broke and what we broke without specifics.  There isn't a huge uptick in telemetry, but I'm hearing anecdotally a lot more Chrome complaints.  Both Mozilla and Google have excellent telemetry and I'm on a first-name basis with the stats folks at both companies, so we're usually quick to hear about any significant changes in the field.  It may be that some common hardware configs that are highly represented on your campus might be affected more than the general population.  We definitely don't like crashes in general, and like to provide pain-relief to the admin community to the extent possible.

The most effective way to effect a positive change here is to give us crash reports (and make sure that the affected systems have current video card drivers), and/or where crashes are consistently reproducible, steps to reproduce the problem and the output of dxdiag.

In Chrome, you can go to Chrome://crashes and report bugs directly from there.  If you give me bug IDs, I'd be happy to follow up with Google for more details.

In Firefox, you can submit bugs from about:crashes.  Give me the URLs from the resulting pages and I'll be happy to look at them.

In IE, you'll need to use something like DebugDiag, but I'm happy to give you a collection profile if that's something that you want to investigate.  It's a little more involved.  The stuff that comes to us from WER isn't as useful as getting dumps from you directly.

The easiest way to get my attention is to just send me a PM.  Just click my name.  I'll be happy to take a look.

Since you're working on a campus, you might want to know about our Extended Support Release.  It would be interesting to know if you see a big stability difference in your lab.  It has all the same security patches, but none of the feature work.

Adobe Flash Player Distribution | Adobe

If it's useful to do more central administration with Flash (like in the lab environments), the admin guide has a good overview of your options:

Adobe Flash Player Administration Guide for Flash Player | Adobe Developer Connection

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 12, 2015 Apr 12, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just updated to Flash 17.0.0.134 as well (about a week ago) and it is crashing non-stop on Firefox 37.  Using Chrome has been stable so far, as has Safari, but I primarily use Firefox, and will switch browsers only when a crash occurs.  At first it seemed to be happening when running Netflix (and thus Silverlight), not now it just happens at random.  It seems to happen more when there are multiple instances of Flash being called over multiple tabs (Facebook in one tab, YouTube in another, or just various pages with flash based advertisements.)  Sometimes it will start working with a browser restart.  Sometimes it will work if i close all tabs but the one I want flash to work in, and reload the page.  For now, I guess I'll just use Chrome 41.0.2272.118 (64-bit).

Browser: 37.0.1

Flash: 17.0.0.134

Hardware:

Processor  2.6 GHz Intel Core i7

Memory  16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3

Graphics  NVIDIA GeForce GT 750M 2048 MB

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 12, 2015 Apr 12, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Crash reports would be really helpful.  Please see my previous post (#9) on how to generate and post these.

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 13, 2015 Apr 13, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Perfect, thanks.  This specific crash signature looks like something that we broke in 16.0.0.235.  I've opened a bug on our side.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Great!  Flash did tend to crash occasionally before i updated to 17, but it wasn't often enough to be troublesome.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No problem.  In the meantime, you might want to roll back to the Extended Support Release (ESR).  It has all the security fixes, but none of the new features.

Just scroll down towards the bottom:

Adobe Flash Player Distribution | Adobe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 15, 2015 Apr 15, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I uninstalled flash and installed the ESR version, seemed to run stable all day, then it just started crashing again.  It's not giving me an option to submit a crash report though...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 15, 2015 Apr 15, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If you go to about:crashes, are they listed there?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines