2 Replies Latest reply on Feb 1, 2007 5:45 PM by Newsgroup_User

difference between projector and runtime

H1000
      i'm having a problem with the navigation interface in a fairly simple movie.

a user may click on links to take them to the next section of the presentation.

my problem is with the rollover function of the links. i'm using text as my buttons (eg "next", "previous" etc) and a sprite adjacent to a button to indicate that it can be clicked when it is rolled over. the script i'm using changes the location of the indicator sprite relative to the locH and locV of the reg point of the currently rolled over text.

this all works fine in runtime but when i click between sections of the movie using the links, the indicator sprite does one of three things:

- sticks in the location it was on the last page (annoying and looks rubbish) for about a second and then works as desired
      - sticks in the location it was on the last page until another link has been rolled over
      - works as desired

I can think of no reason why there should be a disparity between runtime and the published projector.

I have tried to counter the problem by using a frame script to change the blend of the indicator sprite to 0 in order to counter the problem (ie it would still stick, but it would effectively be invisible until the next link was rolled over) but this only affects certain sections of the movie.

I'm sure that part of the movie is bugged so that the script does not call the correct handler when requested, but i'm tearing my hair out trying to find out which one!!!
      any help would be greatly appreciated.
        • 1. Re: difference between projector and runtime
          Level 7
          Can you post a file somewhere for download?
          • 2. Re: difference between projector and runtime
            Level 7
            "H1000" <webforumsuser@macromedia.com> posted in
            macromedia.director.lingo:

> this all works fine in runtime but when i click between sections of the
            > movie using the links, the indicator sprite does one of three things:
            >
            > - sticks in the location it was on the last page (annoying and looks
            > rubbish) for about a second and then works as desired
            > - sticks in the location it was on the last page until another link
            > has been rolled over
            > - works as desired

Is the indicator sprite supposed to begin on the new "page" (frame?) off
            screen? If so, are you doing this in a beginSprite event and does the sprite
            span last only as long as the "pages"?

If the sprite spans across all of these frames, are you explicitly setting it
            off-stage when the button is clicked - before it performs a 'go' command?

Is there a score transition on the new frame?

Just some thoughts.

--
            Mark A. Boyd
            Keep-On-Learnin' :)