9 Replies Latest reply on Mar 26, 2015 7:58 PM by A.T. Romano

Premiere Elements 7 OUT OF MEMORY - how to get more????

cmferg6688

Hello all, I have a MAJOR problem. I know i am running on an old program - premiere elements 7. But I assume that all premiere elements versions do this. I made this video for my sister in law for her bridal shower. It's complete, but when i go to export it will not work. I have tried everything. It now says "System low on memory, please save your project and proceed with caution" All I want to do is export this so I can play this video for the bridal shower (in 2 days!!!)

I am not a computer wiz whatsoever. Can anyone out there dummy this down and help me get more memory? Or ANY suggestions just so I can export this to play this at the bridal shower?

I went to all the adobe files in my computer and deleted everything in there. That didn't help. I have plenty of space on my actual computer, but I don't know how to tell this to use that space! I think the problem is the video I am using is HD. The video is 25 minutes.

ANY HELP??

thank you!!

• 1. Re: Premiere Elements 7 OUT OF MEMORY - how to get more????
          A.T. Romano Level 7

cmferg

What is your computer operating system (including whether 32 or 64 bit) and how much installed RAM for that computer?

By eliminating Adobe files, did that include preview files, conformed audio files, conformed video files?

Adobe Folder

Adobe Premiere Elements Preview Files Folder (preview files)

Media Cache Files Folder (conformed audio files)

Edit Menu/Preferences/Media and its Media Cache Database

Please supply more information, and then we will decide what next.

Thank you.

ATR

• 2. Re: Premiere Elements 7 OUT OF MEMORY - how to get more????
            Peru Bob Adobe Community Professional & MVP

cmferg6688 wrote:

I went to all the adobe files in my computer and deleted everything in there. That didn't help. I have plenty of space on my actual computer, but I don't know how to tell this to use that space!

Memory refers to RAM, not space on the hard drive.

• 3. Re: Premiere Elements 7 OUT OF MEMORY - how to get more????
              A.T. Romano Level 7

cmferg

Just a mention...."memory" as it relates to computer can include installed RAM (physical memory) as well as virtual memory (which is

actually an allotment of hard drive space). There are detailed articles on the subject which seem to get more complex the deeper you go into the subject.

Although most Out of Memory messages relate to installed RAM, it can also relate to hard drive space under certain extreme conditions.

And, there are instances where the particular video format has been associated with getting those low memory messages. Computer can have memory "leaks". And so on. References can be supplied if needed.

And, if you have a 32 bit computer, only 4 GB of installed RAM are supported. So, the reason for the starter question...how much RAM installed? And, if less than 4 GB, how many computer slots does your computer motherboard have to add more to bring the total installed RAM to 4 GB?

So, please supply the starter information (as requested in post 1) so that we can sort in or out factors related to your "Out Of Memory" from your Premiere Elements 7 (32 bit application) project

a. installed RAM, available RAM

b. free hard drive space

c. format and duration of video source on Timeline...you say HD and 25 minutes duration....do you know the video compression and file extension or brand/model/settings of the camera that recorded the video?

d. when are you getting this "Out of Memory" message - while you are still in the Edit area or after you hit Share/ and try to make

your export choice?. What is your intended export under Share?

We are eager for you to succeed and as quickly as possible to meet your schedule.

Again, any questions or need clarification, please do not hesitate to ask.

Thank you.

ATR

• 4. Re: Premiere Elements 7 OUT OF MEMORY - how to get more????
                cmferg6688 Level 1

Hello,

Thank you for all your help. Though I am not a computer expert, AT ALL and do not understand a lot. I can tell you that I have windows 7 operating system. 64 bit, and looks like 8 GB of RAM.

Does that help?

The video does work (most of the time) if I hit play in the Elements. However, if I click too quickly the program shuts off. It runs very slow. And I cannot export whatsoever. I have been making DVDs for a few years now, some over an hour long and never have had an issue. The one time where I need it at a timeline, i run into this!

• 5. Re: Premiere Elements 7 OUT OF MEMORY - how to get more????
                  A.T. Romano Level 7

cmferg

The Windows 7 64 bit and 8 GB RAM sounds good.

But, what you need to remember is that Premiere Elements 7 is not taking full advantage of your 8 GB RAM since it is a 32 bit application running in the 32 bit compatibility mode of a 64 bit system. And in that condition, 32 bit system maximum supported RAM is 4 GB of which typically 3.2 to 3.0 GB or less are available.. The bottom line to all that is that there will be more problems taking larger project to a successful conclusion than you would with Premiere Elements as 64 bit application in your 64 bit computer. Premiere Elements Windows is a 64 bit application only when it is run specifically on Windows 7, 8, or 8.1 64 bit.

The above may be contributing to the situation, but there may be more, like the format of the video that you have imported.

What can you tell us about it...brand/model/settings of the camera that recorded the video would direct us to online camera information

that would give us the information that we need to rule this factor in or out. I remember an instance where Premiere Elements (I think it was 7) was pulled down

with low memory messages by imported DV AVI type 1 video from Windows Movie Maker (Premiere Elements supports DV AVI type 2).

Please see what you can gather on the video information.

Thanks.

ATR

• 6. Re: Premiere Elements 7 OUT OF MEMORY - how to get more????
                    cmferg6688 Level 1

Thank you!

I can tell you it was from a Canon Rebel T2i camera

Frame Width is 1920

Frame Heigh is 1088

Data Rate 46503kbps

Total Bitrate 48071kbps

Frame rate 29 frames /second

It's a Quick Time Move

Opens with Windows Media Player

I know it's HD. I'm just not sure where to find the DV AVI type 1 or 2?

• 7. Re: Premiere Elements 7 OUT OF MEMORY - how to get more????
                      A.T. Romano Level 7

cmferg

Thanks for the additional details.

Do not bother with DV AVI type 1 or 2 information since you project is not using that type of video.

Our focus with be on

1920 x 1080 @ 29.97 progressive frames per second (video compression H.264 and file extension .mov)

1. Make sure that you have the latest version of QuickTime installed on your computer along with Premiere Elements 7.

2. The bottom line just may be that you have a very high resource demanding video format AVCHD.mov and that

your particular computer environment is having problems coping with it. Let us try this as a mini test run.....limit the Timeline to about 10, 15, and 25 minutes.

Is the situation improved going to the lower duration? Depending on how that goes, we may consider converting the AVCHD.mov to HD MPEG2.mpg.

But, let us see where the details will lead us.

Thank you.

ATR

• 8. Re: Premiere Elements 7 OUT OF MEMORY - how to get more????
                        cmferg6688 Level 1

Hello,

I have the latest Quick Time installed.

After cutting the video in half, I was able to export it easily to a windows media file. Before I cut the video in half, i would not be able to do this.

Now since this works, what can I do to get the whole video in one piece? Or is this possible?

thank you for all your help!

• 9. Re: Premiere Elements 7 OUT OF MEMORY - how to get more????
                          A.T. Romano Level 7

cmferg6688

What we could try to do is convert the AVCHD.mov to MPEG2.mpg.

Please confirm if you file extension is .mov, .mts, or .m2ts.

The question becomes "what converter". Years ago, many used the free Koyote Soft HD Converter for converting AVCHD.mts or .m2ts to HD MPEG2.mpg. But as I recall that supported only .AVCHD.mts and maybe m2ts files.

ATR