10 Replies Latest reply on Mar 30, 2015 3:54 PM by Obi-wan Kenobi

Indesign Animation Blurry in FXL EPUB

SueCampbell54

Hi InDesign EPUB experts. I am trying to create a kid's book with animations and (eventually) read-aloud text. I am also trying some 3rd party apps which do the read-aloud tagging, but whose animations are LAME. So this example is with InDesign native animations. These do almost what I want, without having to go out to Edge Animate and learn yet another program and import that (which I imagine has it's own problems).

My question is: why are my moving kids here getting all blurry and pixelated during the movement? They are 300 dpi at the large size and are a png. (for this little sample I just left the rez at 300, I might want to down sample for the whole book). The movement and sizing is just about as good as I can get for this purpose, but the blurry rendering is completely unacceptable. Why is this happening and is there anything I can do to fix it?

Thanks to any one who can give me a clue.

Sue Campbell

EPUB sample here: Dropbox - Public

Also related question: can one edit the movement path of a native InDesign animation? That is make the straight path curved? I've tried with the direct selection tool, but I don't seem to be able to do it.