• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

What does exe mean? It keeps popping up when I try to downlown adobe elements13/photoshop?

New Here ,
Mar 26, 2015 Mar 26, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a windows computer.(64 bit). When I download my adobe elements 13 and photoshop it doesn't pop up. It seems like part of the download is missing. And when I look at the file exe is at the end of it. Isn't that bad? How do I make sure the whole file downloads?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

exe is a file type, it basically means "executable" (basically a program that can run and effect changes on a machine) which under abnormal circumstances is not something you want to touch... abnormal being something like you get an unsolicited email with a file attachment bearing the exe file type.  But for an Adobe download (and many others as well) it is necessary for a Windows machine.  You run it to initiate the installation of the software.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello thank you for the reply. But when I run the program and it installs then nothing pops up. Just two files pop up one says PRE 13 and then the other 32 Bit PremElem13. Do you know why it won't pop up after I download it???

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines