3 Replies Latest reply on Dec 10, 2016 3:47 PM by ElPachuco

Adobe digital edition: error! check activation

dreis123

when downloaded a book and tried to open on Adobe digital editions, got "error! check activation" even though I provided my adobe ID for authorization.

my computer shows as Authorized, but cannot open the book

• 1. Re: Adobe digital edition: error! check activation
          Aurora_North

I'm having the same problem right now... It used to work, but been a while since used, now get the same notification "error! check activation".  Kinda sad this question was asked over a year and half ago, but still not answered.  When on Adobe Digital Editions, however, it shows that my computer IS activated....

• 2. Re: Adobe digital edition: error! check activation
            nothappy12345

I am having the same problem as well. I agree with Aurora_North that it is disheartening that this question was asked over a year and a half ago and it is not answered. Whats even worse is I started trying to find the answer to this problem on the help chat and the only answer I got was to check the forums. After finding this thread I posted this link in the chat and the only answer i recieved was that they couldn't help and to check the forums again. The ADE shows that I am activated, but it will not let me open my books. I just hope somebody knows how to help!

• 3. Re: Adobe digital edition: error! check activation
              ElPachuco

I fixed the authorization error with the following registry fix:

1.     Close all applications.

2.     Choose Start > Run.

3.     In the Open text box, type regedit and then press Enter. The Registry Editor opens.

4.     In the left pane of the Registry Editor, locate the following registry key: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Adobe\Adept

5.     Select the Adept key.

6.     Choose File > Export.

7.     In the Export Registry File dialog box, select Selected Branch under Export Range. Enter a name and location for the backup registry key, and then click Save.

8.     Right-click the Adept key and choose Delete.

9.     In the Confirm Key Delete dialog, click OK.

10.     Close the Registry Editor.

11.     Open Adobe Digital Editions and reauthorize.