• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I get a "connection error" when trying to update/install Flash Player

New Here ,
Mar 26, 2015 Mar 26, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a previous version of Flash player so I was trying to update it. The installation doesn't make it past 5% before saying "connection error". I have tried all the troubleshooting steps and even tried to uninstall it. When I try to download the uninstaller, I get a page on safari that says "safari cannot connect to server" (I also tried on firefox too, same problem). I have tried to locate it in my toolbar and applications to uninstall it from there with no luck, it has completely disappeared. Not in my trash, nowhere. Not sure what else to do. I am running on Mac OS X 10.7.5. When I have Adobe check to see if it is installed on my computer, it says that a previous version is installed, 16.0.0.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Apr 24, 2015 Apr 24, 2015

Hi,

Can you Please provide Configuration of your XP, Win7 Machine [How to post a screenshot in the forum]?

To check if Windows 7 Service Pack is already installed, follow the below steps:

1. Click the Start button , right-click Computer, and then click Properties.
  2. The basic information about your computer page will open.

To check if Windows XP Service Pack is already installed, follow the below steps:

2. Click System and Service Pack I

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 27, 2015 Mar 27, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi snt531,

Can you please provide a screenshot of the installer window (How to post a screenshot in the forum) that is returning the connection error?  We did have an issue earlier this week with various anti-virus software erroneously flagging one of our installers, preventing the download. However, we have removed that installer and I would like to verify which one you're using in case the issue has resurfaced with a different installer.

Thank you.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 14, 2015 Apr 14, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am getting same error while trying to install flashplayer 17 with Firefox. No matter if i try web based or offline i get the lost connection error even though i am connected to the internet and can open Firefox and browse.

b-ball-1.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 15, 2015 Apr 15, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi famiglietti49,

Thank you for posting the screenshot. This is the online installer returning the error.  The online installer downloads and installs Flash Player silently in the background.  The offline installer does not download anything in the background and would not return a 'connection error'.  This could be as a result of the internet connection speed or something else.  Can you please provide the two log files in the C:\Users\YourUserID\Local\Temp\Adobe_ADMLogs directory using the instructions here How to share a document.  If this is a Windows XP machine, the user's directory is in the 'Documents and Settings' directory.  These will help us troubleshoot why the error is occurring.

The offline installer is posted at the bottom of the Installation problems | Flash Player | Windows page in the 'Still having problems' section.  The full installer, depending on what browser it's for, should be 16MB-17MB in size (as opposed to the online installer which is less than 1MB in size).

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried the offline installer, that did not work either. I went to the cloud link you supplied and it just kept spinning with no ability to log in. Send me another link i can attach the files to.

thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is the error I get when i run the offline installer. It runs then before it completes i get this.

thanks!

b-ball-1.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 21, 2015 Apr 21, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am also getting this "Connection error" on an older Windows XP 32 bit machine.

Please fix whatever's going on - especially since so many websites require Flash!

Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 23, 2015 Apr 23, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Im also getting this "connection error" at 5% using flashplayer17_ha_install.exe installer on windows XP.

Can adobe staff please reply.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 23, 2015 Apr 23, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I fixed my issue, to those having the same problem. I did a clean install of windows 7 and as soon as I was able to connect to the internet, I downloaded flash player and adobe reader and both worked great.

Hope this helps!

Rich

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 17, 2015 Apr 17, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When can I expect a response to my last posting? It has been 2 days and not a word yet. This is getting frustrating real quick.

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 24, 2015 Apr 24, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Can you Please provide Configuration of your XP, Win7 Machine [How to post a screenshot in the forum]?

To check if Windows 7 Service Pack is already installed, follow the below steps:

2. The basic information about your computer page will open.

To check if Windows XP Service Pack is already installed, follow the below steps:

2. Click System and Service Pack Information will be listed

Please also attach log [Where do I find the Flash Player installation log on Windows?‌], [How to share a document‌] and Share the Current Version of Flash Player goto - [https://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player.html‌‌] and click on Check Now button, using about method can you place the screenshot.

Meanwhile you can also try cleaning Application Temporary Data and Try again. [c:/users/username/appdata/local/temp folder - Microsoft Community‌], Due to some reason the Installer file is getting corrupted which might be blocking Flash Player Installation. After cleanup try using the offline Installer [Installation problems | Flash Player | Windows‌]

Thanks

Piyush

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 22, 2016 Jan 22, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear Sirs,

Please find attached following logs for my failed online update of adobe flash player extracted for XP SP2 machine.

Uninstall flash, cleaning temp, system32 macromedia, registry. Then fresh online install.

The error is a "Connection error" as mentioned in previously posts.

Suddently flash player stop updating by online method. Also another friend computer with XP SP2 faced the same problem.

The question is after 1March2016 the offline update of flash player will be available? This is the only method that is working at this time.

Your Flash Version    

Your browser name    

Firefox (NPAPI)

Your Operating System (OS)    

Windows (XP)

Can you please explain the logs?

Shared Files - Acrobat.com

Many thanks.

Laur

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 22, 2016 Jan 22, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

The page that is being taken offline contains installers for enterprise customers that license Flash Player.  This page is being replaced and enterprise customers who license Flash Player will have access to the new page.

The offline installers are posted at the bottom of the Installation problems | Flash Player | Windows 7 and earlier page in the 'Still having problems' section.  Windows XP SP2 is old and does not support the latest cyrptographic technologies required to sign binaries, as such, the installers may or may not work on your system.  If they don't the option is to upgrade your OS in order to upgrade Flash Player. More information on this is available at Security Advisory 2880823: Recommendation to discontinue use of SHA-1 - Security Research & Defense ...

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 12, 2016 Dec 12, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I was having the same problem (running Windows 7 Pro Service Pack 1).  However, the answer listed as the "correct answer" did not work for me.  After trying several different approaches, the solution that worked for me was as follows:

1. Let the online installer download whatever version EXE file is necessary, but DO NOT run it.
  2. Open the folder that it downloaded to (ie. downloads, my documents, etc... wherever your browser downloaded the file).
  3. Right click the installer (something like "flashplayer23au_ha_install.exe") and select the option for "Run as Administrator".
  4. It should open up and install as expected.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines