• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Flash Installation Failing

New Here ,
Mar 26, 2015 Mar 26, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Attempted to update the flash on my 15" Retina Macbook Pro running OS X 10.10 today, only to get the error "installation failed" which provides me a link to a support page. After extensive research on Adobe forums, I followed several pieces of advice for a fix with no avail. For example:

I uninstalled the flash version I currently had, restarted my computer and attempted a new clean install as suggested by Adobe. Did not work.

I've attempted to run an install using that backdoor method of "show package contents" and installing from there. Same error occurs.

I've downloaded the .dmg file a few times incase I had something wrong with the download. I've restarted computer multiple times. Still nothing. Now I don't even have the previous version of flash installed on the computer, because the previous advice was to uninstall it altogether.

Any new suggestions out there?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 27, 2015 Mar 27, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Sara,

Thank you for the detailed description of the issue you are experiencing.  Please provide the FlashPlayerInstallManager.log file for further troubleshooting.  This FAQ provides info on locating and uploading the log file: Where do I find the Flash Player installation log on the Macintosh?

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same problem. Mac Pro 5.1 running OS 10.10.2

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi melinda_o

Please provide the same information I requested of the OP. In addition to the log files, please provide a screenshot of the failing install window.  See How to post a screenshot in the forum

Thank you.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Problem solved. I went to the troubleshooting page and downloaded installer from the "Still Having Problems" section of the Mac Installation Problems page at: Installation problems | Flash Player | Mac

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screen Shot 2015-03-27.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Maria,

Sorry but I don’t see how my response slows the process down. I thought it would help Adobe and those reading the post that this isn’t a isolated case.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi radiatedesign

Thank you for providing the screenshot it is as it does confirm you and OP sarahrannals are having the same error.

To address your other comment, by posting 'same thing' and not providing the previously requested information slows down our ability to assist you, as your issue may or may not be the same as the OP.  Many people post "same thing" but it usually turns out that their issue is not be the same thing as the OP  For example, in this thread, melinda_o said she had the same problem as OP sarahrannals, but the offline installer worked for melinda_0, and is not workging for sarahrannals, and probably won't work for you either, therefore, melinda_o did not have the "same issue" as sarahrannals.  This is the reason for asking for the information, to verify if it was indeed the same issue.

sarahrannals‌ and radiatedesign‌

Unfortunately, the FlashPlayerInstallManager.log file didn't provide information on the failure.  This usually indicates a permissions issue in the filesystem.  Repairing the filesystem and filesystem permissions may resolve this.  Please see the section on First Aid in this Apple tech note, Resolve startup issues and perform disk maintenance with Disk Utility and fsck - Apple Support.  Run both Verify and Repair Filesystem and Verify and Repair Disk Permissions.  Sometimes the verify step will return clean, but the repair step will fix some things.

After completing the above.  Delete all Flash Player installers you may have downloaded and download a new installer again from https://get.adobe.com/flashplayer.  I recommend clearing the browsers cache first to make sure a previously cached installer is not downloaded again.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just did all the above, still didn't work. Any other suggestions? Here is the latest log.Screen Shot 2015-03-27 at 12.45.48 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem here on a new 15in Macbook Pro running the latest Yosemite. Uninstalled old version and still no luck.

Installs approx 50% then comes up with a message of unable to install.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi radiatedesign,

Please provide the same information I have requested from the OP, including a screenshot of the install window.  Simply posting "Same problem" without providing the requested information does not help, and in fact, delays the assistance you are requesting as you are not providing the requested information to provide further assistance.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screen Shot 2015-03-27 at 11.40.07 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Above is a screen shot of my install log. Also Melinda, that method did not work for me. Tried it a handful of times and install keeps breaking at 38% with it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Flash working again here. Followed instructions as post 11 (although Disk Utility found no faults). Not sure if this made any difference sarahrannals but I downloaded the file with Firefox this time instead of Safari.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Eh, tried that too. Didn't seem to make a difference, its still failing install at the same spot.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Sarah,

There's one more log file we can view to see if it gives any clues as to why the installer is failing.  I was hoping to avoid it, as it's a system log file containing logging information for every program installation or upgrade and is very cluttered and is difficult to obtain Flash Player specific items.  But, let's give it a try.  Please do the following:

• Launch the Console app (/Applications/Utilities)
  • On the left side is a list of log files, scroll down until you see /var/log
    • You may ned to click the triangle next to it to expand the contents if they're not already expanded.
  • Look for the install.log file and select it to display it's contents on the right side of the window
  • At the top of the Console app, click 'Insert Marker' a few times (if it only displays icons, it is the red flag icon)
  • run the installer
  • When the installation fails, go back to the Console app.  Copy everything after the Inserted Marker and post it here.

Thank you.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines