6 Replies Latest reply on Mar 27, 2015 10:27 AM by whsprague

Is premiere elements only for videos

anthonyd11079675

Is premiere elements only used to edit videos?

• 1. Re: Is premiere elements only for videos
          John T Smith Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Yes... what else do you want to do?

• 2. Re: Is premiere elements only for videos
            A.T. Romano Level 7

anthonyd

Premiere Elements is marketed as a video editor; whereas, Photoshop Elements is marketed as a photo editor.

But, you can import photos alone or with video files to be part of a movie creation.

And, there is one opportunity to export a Timeline photo as a jpg. Opportunities to apply effects. Other.

But, could you be more specific as to your video and/or photo editing goals.

Thank you.

ATR

• 3. Re: Is premiere elements only for videos
              whsprague Level 4

John says video only.  ATR says it is not a photo editor, except that you can make JPEGs with it.

With due respect, my view is different.  Premier Element is a highly capable "slide show" creation system for you photos.  Opportunities like the "Ken Burns" pan and zoom effect are in it.  Not visible on the surface, but Adobe Camera Raw (ACR) conversion tables are incorporated into PrE and you can bring in RAW images directly.  There are some basic edit features like cropping and exposure adjustment.  Music backgrounds for your slide show are can be easy or complex.  There are lots of other adjustments, effects and graphic elements that can be used.   Build a growing fire on top of a slide anyone?  Use cheap DVDs to ut your slide show in HD on a "AVCHD Disc" for your friends with Blu-Ray players?

No, it is not Lightroom, Photoshop or Photoshop Elements, but it is a good tool for photographers that want to make slide shows for their computer, Blu-Ray player, YouTube and Vimeo, even the ones that don't shoot video.

Bill

• 4. Re: Is premiere elements only for videos
                A.T. Romano Level 7

anthonyd

Referring to post 2

I did not just mention....

And, there is one opportunity to export a Timeline photo as a jpg.

The full message including the above in context with the above excerpt is

anthonyd

Premiere Elements is marketed as a video editor; whereas, Photoshop Elements is marketed as a photo editor.

But, you can import photos alone or with video files to be part of a movie creation.

And, there is one opportunity to export a Timeline photo as a jpg. Opportunities to apply effects. Other.

Thank you.

ATR

More detailed information from me is pending your follow up as indicated by my closing sentence in the post..

ATR

• 5. Re: Is premiere elements only for videos
                  Peru Bob Adobe Community Professional & MVP

A.T. Romano wrote:

And, there is one opportunity to export a Timeline photo as a jpg.

But only at the resolution of the video.

• 6. Re: Is premiere elements only for videos
                    whsprague Level 4

A.T. Romano wrote:

anthonyd

Referring to post 2

ATR

Sorry ATR.  Sometimes your posts are so long and chopped up with misplaced carriage returns that they are hard to read and I miss many of your details.  I'll try harder