1 Reply Latest reply on Jan 27, 2007 1:48 AM by Lukewig

help with sample tech support movie setGet.dir

nevereasy
      I have downloaded a sample movie from this tech support page:
      http://www.adobe.com/cfusion/knowledgebase/index.cfm?id=tn_15199

The movie is setGet.dir and demonstrates the use of setPref() and getPref()

In the developers note that is in a lib member in the sample movie it says:

"After the setPref command runs, if the movie is playing in a browser, a folder named Prefs is created in the Plug-In Support folder. The setPref command can write only to that folder.

If the movie is playing in a projector or Director, a folder is created in the same folder as the application. The folder receives the name Prefs.

Another nice thing is that if you assign a name to the pref file (it is 'cygnus.txt' in this example), you can have as many pref files as you like, as long as it is a unique name."

This sounds like exactly what I need. And I expected to find, after running the movie, a folder called "Prefs" and a file called 'cygnus.txt' in that folder, in the same folder as the application.

I can't find that folder anywhere. Not where the director.dir file is and not where the Director.exe is either. Even a search of my whole computer doesn't find that folder or file. Yet the little sample movie works okay.

Here it is again: "If the movie is playing in a projector or Director, a folder is created in the same folder as the application. The folder receives the name Prefs." It doesn't!!! What am I missing here?

thanks again!
      cjj
        • 1. Re: help with sample tech support movie setGet.dir
          Lukewig
          Hi,

The exaxct location where the prefs flle is saved depends on whether toy're in Shockwave or Projector or Director and what version of Director/Shockwave and what platform.

On my mac, in Authoring, they are saved in ~user/Library/Application Suppport/Director MX 2004/Prefs.

Any, in theory you don't need to know where they are saved since you cannot interact with them (other than via GetPref and SetPref)

-- Luke