This content has been marked as final. Show 3 replies
I made a CF/Flex site based on the Flexstore sample app, using a database instead of XML as the data source; in case you want to see it: http://www.timos.com/dg/flex/DilemmaGames.html
At first I had troubles similar to what you describe; initially, part of the problem was that my hosting company had not yet upgraded to CF 7.02. One other thing I had to correct: when you upload to your server, upload the entire ‘bin’ (or whatever your output folder is) minus the debug SWF.
If it would help with other issues, contact me and I will be glad to make my project code available to you. Good luck.
first thanks for replying to my post.
My host is using CF 7.0.2 so I am sure that is not the probelm, I also made sure that Flash remoting was enabled, so thats not the problem.
I tried your suggestion and removed the main-debug.swf file from my bin folder and still get error messages.
I am wondering if you needed any other info from your host to get this to work for you.
I have been told that I need to edit my services-config.xml file with the CF Server name and port for the shared server I am on. Not sure how I would get that info because I would not think my host would provide that to me but I am just guessing right now because I have never thought to ask until now.
When I had my problems, I didn't have to touch the confi.XML file to fix them, and I initially was working in my localhost too. So I don't know.
I only did the Flexstore-like site as a study project; it's not and actual project for any client, so i don't mind sharing it. It might be a good idea for you to check out the code just for comparison with yours; if you wish, send me an e-mail address and I will send you my mxml file(s).