4 Replies Latest reply on Jan 28, 2007 9:50 AM by SymTsb

loadMovie Messing with my Mind - and XML

jacobonline Level 1
      Hello,
      I'm having a little trouble loading a loadMovie containing a page with XML. There is basically a main.swf that loads a product.swf in a Movie Clip called "container". Standalone the product page works fine. When I load in the product.swf it break the code. It no longer generates the thumbnails from an attatchMovie, or loads the XML. I a little lost, aand a little tired, can someone help me out.... Thanks...

• 1. Re: loadMovie Messing with my Mind - and XML
          rayden_chan
          jacobonline:
          well, judging the code that u send, there's some point im not sure..

u mention of Main.swf actually do load Product.swf but none of those lines in Main.swf that load this flash..

anyway, assuming that u changed the name, i need to know whether u put a path when u are calling Product.swf... like : "SWF/Product.swf"
          • 2. Re: loadMovie Messing with my Mind - and XML
            SymTsb Level 2
            I noticed calls to _root in the AS you included for product.swf. If so, that could very well be the problem. Your main.swf is going to be _root after you make the loadMovie("products.swf") call. If possible, change your _root calls in product.swf. I would define a variable in the products.swf timeline that stores the products _root timeline name. Then make the call to that variable in product.swf in place of _root. I've seen colin moock do this in numerous scripts he's written. I've used them before in the past but without samples available (on a separate hdd) at the moment, I can't remember the exact way to do this.
            • 3. Re: loadMovie Messing with my Mind - and XML
              jacobonline Level 1
              Thank SymTsb,
              I'll try that out. I made it work but is not the cleanest solution.

I used "this" in all situations except for the setInterval within my Boolean function. For that I used "_root.container" to get back to the _root of product.swf. The variable sounds better though since my way will break if I reuse the code in other projects.
              • 4. Re: loadMovie Messing with my Mind - and XML
                SymTsb Level 2
                Check out any of Colin Moock's examples from Essential Actionscript 2.0. I believe this is where I first saw this technique when I was learning AS 2.0. It works very well.