2 Replies Latest reply on Jan 26, 2007 9:33 AM by MarkAJohnson

Using Music Fonts

MarkAJohnson
      Hello, hopefully someone can help me out.

I am importing MIF files into a RoboHelp HTML project with general success, but I'm having one problem. The music characters, which look fine in the WYSIWYG editor convert to a text font after compiling to FlashHelp. (The music font I am using will be installed on the user's machine).

Is there any way to prevent my music characters from converting to standard text when I compile?

Thanks for your help,
      Mark
        • 1. Re: Using Music Fonts
          Level 2
          Mark,

I'm not familair with FlashHelp (perhaps you should post in the FlashHelp forum, though people don't like cross posts). However, when using an unusual font, I found that in HTMLHelp it always worked when I would add the font to baggage. Perhaps FlashHelp has a similar function - an ability to compile a font into the help itself. This was also easier than installing it on the end users machine - though I suppose you might need to do that anyway for the application.

John
          • 2. Re: Using Music Fonts
            MarkAJohnson Level 1
            John,

I added the font to baggage then compiled to Microsoft HTML and it worked. However, it still doesn't work for WebHelp or FlashHelp - I'll see what the FlashHelp folks have to say.

Thanks for your help,
            Mark