4 Replies Latest reply on Mar 27, 2015 4:08 AM by mawete

Installed trial version - no internet connection any more

mawete

Hello,

thank you for reading.

I installed the trial version of InDesign CC2014 two days ago and at first it worked fine. I also installed Adobe Bridge CC as well as the new version of the Acrobar Reader and the Creative Cloud. But since yesterday I cannot access the internet any more, unless I use Windows 7's safe mode which I am doing right now.

I have rebooted my router, checked all my connections and ran the windows diagnosis tool. It says, that there is a problem with the IP. I also uninstalled the Cloud to see if this makes any difference, but it doesn't. I have no idea what else to do, it seems like the connection is blocked from the inside, so to speak. Again, before installing the Adobe software everything worked fine, so I think it has something to do with it.

Any help is greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Best

Markus

• 1. Re: Installed trial version - no internet connection any more
          Cari Jansen Adobe Community Professional

It sounds like there might be a networking issue. Seems unlikely this is caused by installing a trial version of Adobe software.

• Do you have multiple devices on your network? Could it be that two devices have the same IP address?
          • Can you reset the IP-addresses on your devices?
          • Also if there are other devices on your network, do they have internet access?

Cari

• 2. Re: Installed trial version - no internet connection any more
            mawete Level 1

Hello Cari,

yes, there is another device, an iPad. It connects to the web without any problem. The only change I made was installing the Adobe software as well as updating Java and the Flash player. This is why I figure that there must be an error with the new software.

Thanks for responding!

• 3. Re: Installed trial version - no internet connection any more
              Peter Spier Most Valuable Participant (Moderator)

I won't say it's impossible that the Adobe software is involved, but only because I'm not one of the engineers. It also seems less likely since the problem occurred a day AFTER you installed the software, not immediately.

I suspect you picked up some malware. Do you have a good malware scanner (I use Malwarebytes)?

A couple of things you can try. First, run System Restore and go back to before you installed the trials (since you've already uninstalled them I don't think this is going to have a negative impact on their use -- you already killed them). The other thing I would do is restart normally, then run MSConfig and make a note of the name of any entry in the Startup section that you cannot identify as belonging to a legitimate program, then restart in Safe Mode again so you can google them.

• 4. Re: Installed trial version - no internet connection any more
                mawete Level 1

Hello P Spier,

I installed the software and afterwards shut the pc down. So the problems might have started earlier, without me realising.

One strange thing was that I had trouble shutting the pc down after installing, it said that there were programs running. I still went ahead.

I will try checking MSConfig and see if anything turns up.

Thank you!