• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Flash Player is out of date pop-up panel

Community Beginner ,
Mar 27, 2015 Mar 27, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Periodically I'm getting a pop-up panel on my desktop that says my Adobe Flash Player is out of date.  I've check their site, and I'm current with version: 17.0.0.134.

Here's a couple of examples of the panels.  Are these panels legitimate?....THANKS!!

HACK_ADOBE_FLASH_2.png

HACK_ADOBE_FLASH_1.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Mar 30, 2015 Mar 30, 2015

Dubious that these are legitimate; either your system is infected with malware, or you are visiting infected websites.

Only download Flash Player updates from the adobe.com or macromedia.com website:

P.S. your installed Flash Player version 17.0.0.134 is current, so you wouldn't get any such notifications from Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Mar 30, 2015 Mar 30, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dubious that these are legitimate; either your system is infected with malware, or you are visiting infected websites.

Only download Flash Player updates from the adobe.com or macromedia.com website:

P.S. your installed Flash Player version 17.0.0.134 is current, so you wouldn't get any such notifications from Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

pwllener...

Thank you very much for your reply!

Vince Smith

On Sun, Mar 29, 2015 at 11:32 PM, pwillener <forums_noreply@adobe.com>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi bkpr1,

Those two screenshots are not from Adobe, nor Apple, as Apple does not distribute Flash Player for Adobe.  Adobe's Flash Player update dialog window is very different from those two windows.  Do you have some sort of software update program installed that checks for updates for your installed programs and then notifies you when updates are available?  This could be that or it could be something malicious.  It's difficult to say at this time, based solely on the screenshots and not knowing what happens when you click on the 'Download Flash...' or 'Update' buttons.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 02, 2015 Apr 02, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Maria...

Thank you very much for your rely! Yes I'm very suspicious of these panel

and I proceed with caution.

Have a great day!

Vince

bkpr1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines