0 Replies Latest reply on Jan 24, 2007 3:04 PM by yn

Auto Size issue with Media Gallery .AS files

yn Level 1
      First off, thanks for taking a look!
      I came across this Adobe devnet article the other day while looking for info on creating Flash web based image galleries here. In summary, it's an introduction on modifying the .XML files to personalize your galleries created with Adobe Photoshop Elements 5. Also in this article, there is a link to download source files including gallery templates and a working .FLA file, which is really the point of my post.

So. I've gone through the .AS, Javascript, and .XML files looking for variables and parameters for controlling the stage/auto/scale of the clip. I've read through each several times making adjustments here and there and I've been able to change most of what I want, but for the life of me I can not seem to get control over the scaling of the clip when the user resizes the browser. I have been able to load the clip at a set width and height, with a minimum width and height, but again once the user pulls the browser out, the entire screen scales with it.

My ideal goal is to embed a modified version of the .SWF with set dimensions into a parent .SWF. On first load everything looks great for about half a second - until the .AS files are loaded. At this point the size of the gallery .SWF expands to fill the width of the host browser. Actually, it expands beyond the browser frame but that's neither here nor there. I'll admit the amount of code is beyond me, but I can usually pick things apart enough to butcher it to into what I need ;P If that can't happen, then I'm perfectly happy to stick with the HTML gallery so it's no big deal really. I'm just curious to know if any of you have experience with this particular file and might suggest a direction?

I'll keep digging around, but at the moment I think i've found about all I can translate or I'm missing something horribly obvious. If you've played with this file, I would love some insight. If not, and you're looking for a starting point for a flash photo gallery, then take a look at the article. The supporting files seem a bit heavy, but maybe that's just me. =]

Thanks again!
      - noel.