1 Reply Latest reply on Mar 20, 2007 12:23 PM by johndaigle

Captivate in help - is it really feasible

maniac9999 Level 1
      From your experience, have many people in this forum found a need for using Captivate movies in a WebHelp project? I would think that this would be limited, unless you can be assured that a majority of your customer base (customers who view help systems you create) have either a DSL or cable web modem connection.

Is there more of a use for (or is it more practical to use) Captivate movies in .CHM files?

Also, is Adobe going to bundle Captivate with RH6 in the future?

• 1. Re: Captivate in help - is it really feasible
          johndaigle Level 4
          Hey, Jim.
          Yes, many in my Adobe Captivate and RoboHelp classes are specifically asking me about including Captivate movies into their RoboHelp topics. While the vast majority are deployed in a broadband environment, one of the nice things about the Flash format is that it is lightweight and even works surprisingly well on a dial up modem connection. Naturally, the addition of a lot ot sound and video will slow delivery down. But, for the normal software tutorial demo, delivery works equally well in WebHelp or CHM formats.
          As for bundling RH and Captivate in the future, that would certainly make sense from a marketing standpoint. I don't know how that works?