Exit

whMessage error when selecting a topic from Navigation pane

New Here ,
Jan 25, 2007 Jan 25, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I use RH X5.

On another system, a runtime error 'whMessage is undefined' appears when selecting a topic from the Navigation pane. This doesnt appear on all systems. The system config where this error message appears is not different from other system where it works fine.

Min System Config:
OS - Windows XP
IE - 6.0

Pls suggest what could be the causes...

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The output is WebHelp.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We sorta figured it was webhelp as that is the forum you posted in and the wh in the message.

Is this a specific topic that causes the problem or all topics? I suspect the former and that you imported an output file into the source.

Put "whMessage is undefined'" into Google if that is not it. Maybe one of the other results will help you.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 29, 2007 Jan 29, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Hey Peter,

I just goofed it up.
On whMessage error, i dont think i have taken the output files of some other project because this is the only project i am working on and have started from scratch. So, i am still sceptic about the root cause of this error. But as a quick fix i deleted those html files (first take the backup) and recreated them.

It's working fine now. But, as i said, i am still wondering the cause of the error; of course i reference Rick's site, which gave me some clue...but i am still clueless:-) thinking why did it occur only on one particular machine?

Anyways...thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp