2 Replies Latest reply on Feb 6, 2007 10:24 AM by Captiv8r

Demo + Sim

aljameson
      I've been trying a much more expensive solution from OutStart that allows recording once and creating a demo, a sim, a quiz, printed docs and more. In Captivate 2, can I record once and produce both a demo and a sim? Or must I record twice?
        • 1. Re: Demo + Sim
          Captiv8r Adobe Community Professional & MVP
          Hi aljameson and welcome to our community

Yes, you can record once to accomplish this. Here's how you could do it.

Before recording, you configure almost every conceivable option. Click Options > Recording Options... > Edit Settings... button next to the Recording Mode selector.

Make your recording.

When finished recording, either click File > Save As... or select all slides and copy/paste to create essentially two identical copies of your project.

Now strip away the Interactive bits from the first part. This should leave behind a Demonstration. For the remaining bit, strip away the interactive bits and turn off the mouse movement.

The end result should be that you now have a Demonstration and a Simulation based off a single recording.

Hopefully this helps... Rick
          • 2. Re: Demo + Sim
            Captiv8r Adobe Community Professional & MVP
            D'oh!

I MEANT to say:

Now strip away the Interactive bits from the first part. This should leave behind a Demonstration. For the remaining bit, strip away the Demonstration bits and turn off the mouse movement.

Cheers... Rick