26 Replies Latest reply on May 11, 2006 6:10 PM by Newsgroup_User

8.02 updater

mmdale
      I was unaware that the install would need a CD.....it turns out I had one, but did not know this until after I ran the updater 8.02 and clicked cancel when it asked for the CD, which then led the updater to finsih up and indicate that the updater installed successfully (it said so in the install dialog). But it seems that Dreamweaver doesn't know that I have the updater installed. I ran it again, and it did not ask me for the CD again, and finished with success (or so it said)...but Dreamweaver still says it is version 8.0, and I still get the message on the start up screen when I launch DW8 that there is a "Free Patch for Dreamweaver available", which is 8.02. Is there a way to fix this?

Dale
        • 1. Re: 8.02 updater
          Level 7

"mmdale" <webforumsuser@macromedia.com> wrote in message
          news:e3r4bl$e0h$1@forums.macromedia.com...
          >I was unaware that the install would need a CD.....it turns out I had one,
          >but
          > did not know this until after I ran the updater 8.02 and clicked cancel
          > when it
          > asked for the CD, which then led the updater to finsih up and indicate
          > that
          > the updater installed successfully (it said so in the install dialog).
          > But it
          > seems that Dreamweaver doesn't know that I have the updater installed. I
          > ran
          > it again, and it did not ask me for the CD again, and finished with
          > success
          > (or so it said)...but Dreamweaver still says it is version 8.0, and I
          > still get
          > the message on the start up screen when I launch DW8 that there is a "Free
          > Patch for Dreamweaver available", which is 8.02. Is there a way to fix
          > this?

Er.. where did you get this 8.02 updater? What is the source of your
          Dreamweaver CD?

ss.

• 2. Re: 8.02 updater
            Level 7
            Synapse Syndrome wrote:
            > Er.. where did you get this 8.02 updater?

http://www.adobe.com/support/dreamweaver/downloads_updaters.html#dw8

It says on the web page that if you installed from the CD, it would ask for
            the CD before installing the updater, and provides a workaround if you don't
            have access to it.

Regards,

Pete.
            --
            Peter Connolly
            http://www.acutecomputing.co.uk
            Derby
            UK
            Skype ID: acutecomputing

• 3. Re: 8.02 updater
              mmdale Level 1
              it was just released today......I don't know what you mean by "source" of my CD.....it's the software installation CD
              • 4. Re: 8.02 updater
                Level 7
                From the release notes:

If you installed Dreamweaver 8 from a CD, you will be prompted to insert the
                CD when running the 8.0.2 updater. If you no longer have the CD, you can try
                the following workaround:

1.. Download the Dreamweaver trial version installer from the Dreamweaver
                website.
                2.. Launch it.
                3.. Once the Welcome dialog box appears, browse to C:\WINDOWS\Downloaded
                Installations\Macromedia Dreamweaver 8.
                4.. Copy the msi installer to the desktop (or anywhere).
                5.. Launch the 8.0.2 updater.
                6.. When prompted for the original CD, click the Browse button and select
                the msi from step 4.
                7.. Finish the installation.
                For network installations, please read the Tech Note at
                http://www.adobe.com/go/a4175402#dwup.

Once installed, it should say 8.0.2. If it does not, it is not installed.

--
                Nancy Gill
                Adobe Community Expert
                BLOG: http://www.dmxwishes.com/blog.asp
                Author: Dreamweaver 8 e-book for the DMX Zone
                Co-Author: Dreamweaver MX: Instant Troubleshooter (August, 2003)
                Technical Editor: DMX 2004: The Complete Reference, DMX 2004: A Beginner's
                Guide, Mastering Macromedia Contribute
                Technical Reviewer: Dynamic Dreamweaver MX/DMX: Advanced PHP Web Development

• 5. Re: 8.02 updater
                  mmdale Level 1
                  YOu didn't read all of my message. I DON"T GET A CD PROMPT anymore. It never asks me for it. It just reinstalls again.
                  This updater really screwed me. Selecting cancel should have cancelled the updater. I'd say that's a big BUG. I would think that there may well be others who get to that point of the prompt, not having a CD, and NOT WANTING to download the trial version (for lack of time or for fear of having the trial version overwrite some settings......and want to cancel the updater instead. It ought to actually abort the installation of the updater.)

• 6. Re: 8.02 updater
                    Level 7
                    I think it did cancel the install. Didn't you say you still have version
                    8.0? Then it was not installed. If it had been so, you would have version

--
                    Nancy Gill
                    Adobe Community Expert
                    BLOG: http://www.dmxwishes.com/blog.asp
                    Author: Dreamweaver 8 e-book for the DMX Zone
                    Co-Author: Dreamweaver MX: Instant Troubleshooter (August, 2003)
                    Technical Editor: DMX 2004: The Complete Reference, DMX 2004: A Beginner's
                    Guide, Mastering Macromedia Contribute
                    Technical Reviewer: Dynamic Dreamweaver MX/DMX: Advanced PHP Web Development

news:e3rdlr$ol2$1@forums.macromedia.com...
                    > YOu didn't read all of my message. I DON"T GET A CD PROMPT anymore. It
                    > never asks me for it. It just reinstalls again.
                    > This updater really screwed me. Selecting cancel should have cancelled
                    > the
                    > updater. I'd say that's a big BUG. I would think that there may well be
                    > others who get to that point of the prompt, not having a CD, and NOT
                    > WANTING
                    > to download the trial version (for lack of time or for fear of having the
                    > trial
                    > version overwrite some settings......and want to cancel the updater
                    > instead.
                    > It ought to actually abort the installation of the updater.)
                    >
                    >
                    >

• 7. Re: 8.02 updater
                      Level 7
                      On Tue, 9 May 2006 18:39:13 -0700, "Nancy *ACE*" <nancy@webwish.com>
                      wrote:

>I think it did cancel the install. Didn't you say you still have version
                      >8.0? Then it was not installed. If it had been so, you would have version
                      >8.0.2.

I just installed the update. I was not prompted for my CD. HOWEVER,
                      this update has completely screwed up server behaviours, even though
                      it supposedly fixes them.

Here's a recordset created before the update:

<%
                      Dim rsCalendarDetail_Display
                      Dim rsCalendarDetail_Display_numRows

Set rsCalendarDetail_Display = Server.CreateObject("ADODB.Recordset")
                      rsCalendarDetail_Display.ActiveConnection = MM_connAEA_STRING
                      rsCalendarDetail_Display.Source = "SELECT * FROM tCalendar_cal WHERE
                      id_cal = " + Replace(rsCalendarDetail_Display__MMColParam, "'", "''")
                      + ""
                      rsCalendarDetail_Display.CursorType = 0
                      rsCalendarDetail_Display.CursorLocation = 2
                      rsCalendarDetail_Display.LockType = 1
                      rsCalendarDetail_Display.Open()

rsCalendarDetail_Display_numRows = 0
                      %>

Here is the exact same recordset created after the update:

<%
                      Dim rsCalendarDisplayDetail
                      Dim rsCalendarDisplayDetail_cmd
                      Dim rsCalendarDisplayDetail_numRows

Set rsCalendarDisplayDetail_cmd = Server.CreateObject
                      ("ADODB.Command")
                      rsCalendarDisplayDetail_cmd.ActiveConnection = MM_connAEA_STRING
                      rsCalendarDisplayDetail_cmd.CommandText = ""
                      rsCalendarDisplayDetail_cmd.Prepared = true

Set rsCalendarDisplayDetail = rsCalendarDisplayDetail_cmd.Execute
                      rsCalendarDisplayDetail_numRows = 0
                      %>

DW throws an error at its own code:

Invalid SQL statement; expected 'DELETE', 'INSERT', 'PROCEDURE',
                      'SELECT', or 'UPDATE'.

and the page does not work in the browser:

Microsoft JET Database Engine (0x80040E0C)
                      Command text was not set for the command object.
                      /aeaabca/sitefiles/resources/calendar_detail.asp, line 37

This is intolerable.

Can the update be uninstalled, or am I facing uninstalling and
                      reinstalling from scratch?

Win
                      --
                      Win Day, Wild Rose Websites
                      http://www.wildrosewebsites.com
                      winday@NOSPAMwildrosewebsites.com
                      Skype winifredday
                      • 8. Re: 8.02 updater
                        mmdale Level 1
                        My problem is that it is no longer asking for the CD, NOR is it actually doing the upgrade...although it seems to be copying all the files and saying that it is complete...but the version number remains at 8.0.
                        • 9. Re: 8.02 updater
                          Level 7
                          Win,

I've had some feedback on your specific issue: - here's a response that I
                          received and was told to post in response to your problem:

--------------------
                          > Here is the exact same recordset created after the update:
                          > rsCalendarDisplayDetail_cmd.CommandText = ""

This sounds like a bug due to an older extension from DRK 4 called Data
                          Source Code Hints (or something like that). Essentially, that extension
                          installs some files that overwrite the the newly fixed files. Uninstalling
                          the extension doesn't remove the "bad" versions of the files. You have to
                          remove the files yourself.

If you delete the "user copy" of the config files
                          ( http://communitymx.com/blog/index.cfm?newsid=27&blogger=12) and then
                          restart DW it should work.

Warning, doing that will remove all installed extensions, so have backup
                          MXPs available. It may be possible that a more surgical file deletion, but I
                          don't have a list of the files necessary to excise.

-------------------------------------
                          and this:
                          -------------------------------------
                          This assumes that particular extension installed. It could well be another
                          extension that overwrites the recordset files, but I know for a fact that
                          the DRK Data Source Code hints one did it. Only way to know for sure if it's
                          not that extension is to install each of the extensions one by one and test
                          the recordsets out.
                          ----------------------------------------

Win, maybe this will help before having to think about uninstalling and
                          reinstalling. Let us know if there's anything in the above that relates to
                          you and your system.

--
                          Nadia
                          Adobe� Community Expert : Dreamweaver
                          --------------------------------------------
                          http://www.csstemplates.com.au - CSS Templates | Free Templates
                          http://www.DreamweaverResources.com - Dropdown Menu Templates|Tutorials
                          http://www.macromedia.com/devnet/dreamweaver/css.html - CSS Tutorials
                          -------------------------------------------------

"Win Day" <winday@NOSPAMwildrosewebsites.com> wrote in message
                          news 3l2621qnaef0dtdk1ppqdlu95t6qjfto3@4ax.com...
                          > On Tue, 9 May 2006 18:39:13 -0700, "Nancy *ACE*" <nancy@webwish.com>
                          > wrote:
                          >
                          >>I think it did cancel the install. Didn't you say you still have version
                          >>8.0? Then it was not installed. If it had been so, you would have
                          >>version
                          >>8.0.2.
                          >
                          > I just installed the update. I was not prompted for my CD. HOWEVER,
                          > this update has completely screwed up server behaviours, even though
                          > it supposedly fixes them.
                          >
                          > Here's a recordset created before the update:
                          >
                          > <%
                          > Dim rsCalendarDetail_Display
                          > Dim rsCalendarDetail_Display_numRows
                          >
                          > Set rsCalendarDetail_Display = Server.CreateObject("ADODB.Recordset")
                          > rsCalendarDetail_Display.ActiveConnection = MM_connAEA_STRING
                          > rsCalendarDetail_Display.Source = "SELECT * FROM tCalendar_cal WHERE
                          > id_cal = " + Replace(rsCalendarDetail_Display__MMColParam, "'", "''")
                          > + ""
                          > rsCalendarDetail_Display.CursorType = 0
                          > rsCalendarDetail_Display.CursorLocation = 2
                          > rsCalendarDetail_Display.LockType = 1
                          > rsCalendarDetail_Display.Open()
                          >
                          > rsCalendarDetail_Display_numRows = 0
                          > %>
                          >
                          > Here is the exact same recordset created after the update:
                          >
                          >
                          > <%
                          > Dim rsCalendarDisplayDetail
                          > Dim rsCalendarDisplayDetail_cmd
                          > Dim rsCalendarDisplayDetail_numRows
                          >
                          > Set rsCalendarDisplayDetail_cmd = Server.CreateObject
                          > ("ADODB.Command")
                          > rsCalendarDisplayDetail_cmd.ActiveConnection = MM_connAEA_STRING
                          > rsCalendarDisplayDetail_cmd.CommandText = ""
                          > rsCalendarDisplayDetail_cmd.Prepared = true
                          >
                          > Set rsCalendarDisplayDetail = rsCalendarDisplayDetail_cmd.Execute
                          > rsCalendarDisplayDetail_numRows = 0
                          > %>
                          >
                          > DW throws an error at its own code:
                          >
                          > Invalid SQL statement; expected 'DELETE', 'INSERT', 'PROCEDURE',
                          > 'SELECT', or 'UPDATE'.
                          >
                          > and the page does not work in the browser:
                          >
                          > Microsoft JET Database Engine (0x80040E0C)
                          > Command text was not set for the command object.
                          > /aeaabca/sitefiles/resources/calendar_detail.asp, line 37
                          >
                          >
                          > This is intolerable.
                          >
                          > Can the update be uninstalled, or am I facing uninstalling and
                          > reinstalling from scratch?
                          >
                          > Win
                          > --
                          > Win Day, Wild Rose Websites
                          > http://www.wildrosewebsites.com
                          > winday@NOSPAMwildrosewebsites.com
                          > Skype winifredday

• 10. Re: 8.02 updater
                            Level 7
                            mmdale wrote:
                            > My problem is that it is no longer asking for the CD, NOR is it actually doing
                            > the upgrade...although it seems to be copying all the files and saying that it
                            > is complete...but the version number remains at 8.0.

Perhaps you should install the 8.1 updater first?

--
                            Linda Rathgeber ACE ::: PVII
                            http://www.projectseven.com
                            Fireworks Newsgroup: news://forums.projectseven.com/fireworks/
                            CSS Newsgroup: news://forums.projectseven.com/css/
                            -----------------------------------------------------------------------
                            Adobe Community Expert - Fireworks
                            -----------------------------------------------------------------------
                            Design Aid Kits: http://www.webdevbiz.com/pwf/index.cfm
                            • 11. Re: 8.02 updater
                              Level 7
                              > Perhaps you should install the 8.1 updater first?

No need. The 8.0.2 updater includes all the 8.0.1 updates.

Adobe says "If you haven't installed the 8.0.1 updater yet, simply install
                              the 8.0.2 updater to get all the fixes for both updates."

--
                              Regards

John Waller

• 12. Re: 8.02 updater
                                Level 7
                                It has not updated your installation if you get this. I will check and see
                                what is going on.

You can be absolutely sure which version is installed by finding the
                                dreamweaver.exe, right clicking, and choosing PROPERTIES | Version > Build
                                number. What do you see there?

I believe that the correct build number is 8.0.2.2805.

--
                                Murray --- ICQ 71997575
                                Adobe Community Expert
                                (If you *MUST* email me, don't LAUGH when you do so!)
                                ==================
                                http://www.dreamweavermx-templates.com - Template Triage!
                                http://www.projectseven.com/go - DW FAQs, Tutorials & Resources
                                http://www.dwfaq.com - DW FAQs, Tutorials & Resources
                                http://www.macromedia.com/support/search/ - Macromedia (MM) Technotes
                                ==================

news:e3rkk1$2kl$1@forums.macromedia.com...
                                > My problem is that it is no longer asking for the CD, NOR is it actually
                                > doing
                                > the upgrade...although it seems to be copying all the files and saying
                                > that it
                                > is complete...but the version number remains at 8.0.
                                >

• 13. Re: 8.02 updater
                                  Level 7
                                  > I believe that the correct build number is 8.0.2.2805.

Mine's 8.0.2.2809.

--
                                  Regards

John Waller

• 14. Re: 8.02 updater
                                    Level 7
                                    Same here: 8.0.2.2809
                                    and no problems whatsoever with updating.

--
                                    Nadia
                                    Adobe� Community Expert : Dreamweaver
                                    http://www.csstemplates.com.au - CSS Templates | Free Templates
                                    http://www.DreamweaverResources.com - Dropdown Menu Templates|Tutorials
                                    http://www.macromedia.com/devnet/dreamweaver/css.html - CSS Tutorials
                                    -------------------------------------------------

"John Waller" <johnw@REMOVETHISpinnacleweb.com.au> wrote in message
                                    news:e3sgdr$5hh$1@forums.macromedia.com...
                                    >> I believe that the correct build number is 8.0.2.2805.
                                    >
                                    > Mine's 8.0.2.2809.
                                    >
                                    > --
                                    > Regards
                                    >
                                    > John Waller
                                    >

• 15. Re: 8.02 updater
                                      Level 7
                                      Yeah - cleaned my glasses....

--
                                      Murray --- ICQ 71997575
                                      Adobe Community Expert
                                      (If you *MUST* email me, don't LAUGH when you do so!)
                                      ==================
                                      http://www.dreamweavermx-templates.com - Template Triage!
                                      http://www.projectseven.com/go - DW FAQs, Tutorials & Resources
                                      http://www.dwfaq.com - DW FAQs, Tutorials & Resources
                                      http://www.macromedia.com/support/search/ - Macromedia (MM) Technotes
                                      ==================

".: Nadia :. *ACE*" <nadia@REMOVETHISdreamweaverresources.com> wrote in
                                      message news:e3si1n$7eb$1@forums.macromedia.com...
                                      > Same here: 8.0.2.2809
                                      > and no problems whatsoever with updating.
                                      >
                                      >
                                      > --
                                      > Nadia
                                      > Adobe� Community Expert : Dreamweaver
                                      > --------------------------------------------
                                      > http://www.csstemplates.com.au - CSS Templates | Free Templates
                                      > --------------------------------------------
                                      > http://www.DreamweaverResources.com - Dropdown Menu Templates|Tutorials
                                      > http://www.macromedia.com/devnet/dreamweaver/css.html - CSS Tutorials
                                      > -------------------------------------------------
                                      >
                                      >
                                      > "John Waller" <johnw@REMOVETHISpinnacleweb.com.au> wrote in message
                                      > news:e3sgdr$5hh$1@forums.macromedia.com...
                                      >>> I believe that the correct build number is 8.0.2.2805.
                                      >>
                                      >> Mine's 8.0.2.2809.
                                      >>
                                      >> --
                                      >> Regards
                                      >>
                                      >> John Waller
                                      >>
                                      >
                                      >

• 16. Re: 8.02 updater
                                        Level 7
                                        On Wed, 10 May 2006 14:31:56 +1000, ".: Nadia :. ACE :."
                                        <forums@NOWAYperrelink.com.au> wrote:

>Win,
                                        >
                                        >I've had some feedback on your specific issue: - here's a response that I
                                        >received and was told to post in response to your problem:
                                        >
                                        >--------------------
                                        >> Here is the exact same recordset created after the update:
                                        >> rsCalendarDisplayDetail_cmd.CommandText = ""
                                        >
                                        >This sounds like a bug due to an older extension from DRK 4 called Data
                                        >Source Code Hints (or something like that). Essentially, that extension
                                        >installs some files that overwrite the the newly fixed files. Uninstalling
                                        >the extension doesn't remove the "bad" versions of the files. You have to
                                        >remove the files yourself.
                                        >

Only problem is, I've never heard of that extension.

>If you delete the "user copy" of the config files
                                        > ( http://communitymx.com/blog/index.cfm?newsid=27&blogger=12) and then
                                        >restart DW it should work.
                                        >
                                        >Warning, doing that will remove all installed extensions, so have backup
                                        >MXPs available. It may be possible that a more surgical file deletion, but I
                                        >don't have a list of the files necessary to excise.
                                        >
                                        >-------------------------------------
                                        >and this:
                                        >-------------------------------------
                                        >This assumes that particular extension installed. It could well be another
                                        >extension that overwrites the recordset files, but I know for a fact that
                                        >the DRK Data Source Code hints one did it. Only way to know for sure if it's
                                        >not that extension is to install each of the extensions one by one and test
                                        >the recordsets out.
                                        >----------------------------------------
                                        >

Again, only problem is, there are some extensions that are absolutely
                                        necessary for some projects in which I'm in the middle.

>Win, maybe this will help before having to think about uninstalling and
                                        >reinstalling. Let us know if there's anything in the above that relates to
                                        >you and your system.

I think I'm going to have to resort to a complete uninstall and
                                        reinstall, stopping after the 8.01 updater. I don't see any way
                                        around this, especially in the short term.

I appreciate your taking the time to look into this, Nadia.

Win
                                        --
                                        Skype winifredday
                                        • 17. Re: 8.02 updater
                                          Level 7
                                          On Wed, 10 May 2006 06:30:34 -0600, Win Day
                                          <winday@NOSPAMwildrosewebsites.com> wrote:

>On Wed, 10 May 2006 14:31:56 +1000, ".: Nadia :. ACE :."
                                          ><forums@NOWAYperrelink.com.au> wrote:
                                          >
                                          >>Win,
                                          >>
                                          >>I've had some feedback on your specific issue: - here's a response that I
                                          >>received and was told to post in response to your problem:
                                          >>
                                          >>--------------------
                                          >>> Here is the exact same recordset created after the update:
                                          >>> rsCalendarDisplayDetail_cmd.CommandText = ""
                                          >>
                                          >>This sounds like a bug due to an older extension from DRK 4 called Data
                                          >>Source Code Hints (or something like that). Essentially, that extension
                                          >>installs some files that overwrite the the newly fixed files. Uninstalling
                                          >>the extension doesn't remove the "bad" versions of the files. You have to
                                          >>remove the files yourself.
                                          >>
                                          >

UPDATE: I've just heard back from InterAKT. While their extensions no
                                          longer overwrite any DW config files, they do of course make use of
                                          the built-in server behaviour stuff - and when that changes, things
                                          break.

I'm uninstalling extensions right now. Then I get to move on to
                                          uninstalling and re-installing DW up to but not exceeding the 8.01
                                          patch. THEN I get to re-install extensions.

What fun.

Win
                                          --
                                          Skype winifredday
                                          • 18. Re: 8.02 updater
                                            Level 7

"Win Day" <winday@NOSPAMwildrosewebsites.com> wrote in message
                                            > UPDATE: I've just heard back from InterAKT. While their extensions no
                                            > longer overwrite any DW config files, they do of course make use of
                                            > the built-in server behaviour stuff - and when that changes, things
                                            > break.
                                            >
                                            > I'm uninstalling extensions right now. Then I get to move on to
                                            > uninstalling and re-installing DW up to but not exceeding the 8.01
                                            > patch. THEN I get to re-install extensions.

ouch !! Hope you come through this in one piece Win !

Nadia

• 19. Re: 8.02 updater
                                              st_pete_times_martin
                                              Is this a windows-only issue? I was able to update DW 8.0.1 to 8.0.2 without opening the CD on my mac.
                                              • 20. Re: 8.02 updater
                                                Level 7
                                                It didn't ask me for the CD.

Installed the update and now running DW 8.02

news:e3r4bl$e0h$1@forums.macromedia.com...
                                                >I was unaware that the install would need a CD.....it turns out I had one,
                                                >but
                                                > did not know this until after I ran the updater 8.02 and clicked cancel
                                                > when it
                                                > asked for the CD, which then led the updater to finsih up and indicate
                                                > that
                                                > the updater installed successfully (it said so in the install dialog).
                                                > But it
                                                > seems that Dreamweaver doesn't know that I have the updater installed. I
                                                > ran
                                                > it again, and it did not ask me for the CD again, and finished with
                                                > success
                                                > (or so it said)...but Dreamweaver still says it is version 8.0, and I
                                                > still get
                                                > the message on the start up screen when I launch DW8 that there is a "Free
                                                > Patch for Dreamweaver available", which is 8.02. Is there a way to fix
                                                > this?
                                                >
                                                > Dale
                                                >

• 21. Re: 8.02 updater
                                                  Level 7
                                                  Hi Dale

Sorry to hear you've had difficulties installing the DW 8.0.2 Updater
                                                  after having cancelled your initial updater installation attempt.
                                                  We're able to reproduce the issue you're seeing (canceling the initial
                                                  installation attempt, WIndows only), and it appears to be a Windows
                                                  installer issue that the Dreamweaver team and InstallShield have no
                                                  control over. The only workaround for this issue is to uninstall and
                                                  reinstall DW.

To uninstall DW 8 completely, please follow the steps in this
                                                  TechNote, as there are some tricks to removing all of the settings:

Uninstalling Studio 8 applications on Windows
                                                  http://www.adobe.com/go/4e7826b7

We will have a TechNote on this soon and will update the DW 8.0.2
                                                  Release Notes to warn users about this problem if they cancel the
                                                  installation process.

David Alcala
                                                  Adobe Technical Support
                                                  David Alcala
                                                  Adobe Technical Support
                                                  • 22. Re: 8.02 updater
                                                    Level 7
                                                    In article <e3r7mk$hsc$1@forums.macromedia.com>,
                                                    "Nancy *ACE*" <nancy@webwish.com> wrote:

> Download the Dreamweaver trial version installer from the Dreamweaver
                                                    > website.

ARE THEY JOKING! I'm on dial-up

> 2.. Launch it.
                                                    > 3.. Once the Welcome dialog box appears, browse to C:\WINDOWS\Downloaded
                                                    > Installations\Macromedia Dreamweaver 8.

I don't have anything named C:\ on my Macintosh.
                                                    • 23. Re: 8.02 updater
                                                      Level 7
                                                      This issue is Windows only.

David Alcala
                                                      Adobe Technical Support
                                                      • 24. Re: 8.02 updater
                                                        mmdale Level 1
                                                        None of that worked......the downloaded trial version did the same thing........I had to uninstall and re-install......happlily, all my prior sites and settings were saved....and upon reinstall and updating, all is well. Warn people NOT to cancel out of the CD prompt....it screwed up something. I know the docs had the "fix" , but I had never expected an update patch to require it (none previously had). Anyway, fixed now.
                                                        • 25. Re: 8.02 updater
                                                          mmdale Level 1
                                                          whoops, just read David's (tech support) message above, and he's already adding notes to warn about cancelling. Thanks! Re-install is what I did. All OK.
                                                          • 26. Re: 8.02 updater
                                                            Level 7
                                                            We've noted the issue about canceling the installer in the DW 8
                                                            Emerging Issues TechNote:

Can't install Dreamweaver 8 updaters after canceling updater installer
                                                            (Windows only)
                                                            http://www.adobe.com/cfusion/knowledgebase/index.cfm?id=a3f38dcf#cancel_install

We're still working on getting the Release Notes updated for the
                                                            cancelled installation issue.

We've also added this issue to the Emerging Issues TechNote:

Dreamweaver 8.0.2 Updater prompts you for CD during installation
                                                            (Windows only)
                                                            http://www.adobe.com/cfusion/knowledgebase/index.cfm?id=a3f38dcf#cd_prompt

This was already mentioned in the Release Notes and on the Updater
                                                            Downloads page, so this is just one more place users can find it.

David Alcala
                                                            Adobe Technical Support