12 Replies Latest reply on Jul 19, 2007 10:14 PM by Papa Rabbit

Custom Map in flash using XML data for dynamic map and point of intrest loading...

Papa Rabbit
      Been some time since I have used Flash for anything...

I'm working on a little project to dynamically build a map and set points of interest on the map. At this time I have the (mySQL) data being queried and formatted with PHP and pushing the data to Flash as XML.

In starting the project I'm a bit lost... I mean I have my data and a good XML format but as it is I'm lost on parsing the data in Flash and assigning its values to movie clips or other...

I've looked at the Loader Component and the XML Connector Component and find I can get that to work at all...

My second though was to create a single movie clip on stage and give it an instance name of "Background" and have it load the URL of an image given in the attached XML doc... Node "a_zone" and the value given to attribute "image"... But this brings me back to square one of not quite understanding Flash and parsing XML... With this second idea I would use AS to create a movie clip, set it's X & Y cords and load an image to it based on the XML attributes listed in the "Gatherable" node (one for each node).

Any suggestions, examples or related info is welcome...

Thanks in advance!