• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Doesn't give an upgrade from Creative Suite 2 option when installing CS5

Community Beginner ,
Mar 28, 2015 Mar 28, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been having issues with my iMac crashing since purchase 12 months ago and after 2 prior clean installs, I'm finally resorting to manually installing all applications after a third clean install.

I have CS5 Design Standard (on disc) as an upgrade from CS2 Premium. I've tried installing CS5 put can't get pass the page where it wants me to put in the serial number for the previous product - it does not offer CS2 as an option in the drop down menu. Only CS3 and up. I have the correct serial numbers registered with Adobe and the CS5 upgrade was bought to work with CS2 and has worked for the last 5 years

Installing CS2 first won't work as it is a Power PC app. I'm downloading a copy of CS5 now in the hope that the install process will be happy with the serial number alone, although I'm guessing it will want me to select the previous product again and will it give me the option to select CS2?

Any ideas would be much appreciated. Thanks. Andrew

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Mar 28, 2015 Mar 28, 2015

I've had to ask Adobe to generate a new serial number that will hopefully bypass the CS2 part.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The serial number is what designates the upgrade status (the software is the same whether the purchase was an upgrade or full) so you are likely to see the request for the preceding version again.  I guess you will see if the CS2 option appears or not when you attempt to activate the download.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I've had to ask Adobe to generate a new serial number that will hopefully bypass the CS2 part.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines