4 Replies Latest reply on Jan 31, 2007 2:05 AM by Federated Films

How to use qtRegisterAccessKey()

Federated Films Level 1
      Does anyone know how to use the qtRegisterAccessKey() with a protected QT movie. So I have protected a QT movie with Sorenson 3 Pro and added the key "abc" to it, then I loaded the QT movie called "Protected" into Director 10. So how do I then unlock the key on the video to play it. I tried using

qtRegisterAccessKey("Protected","abc")

but does not work, the help file is unhelpful and mentiones the first parameter is "categoryString" but does not tell us what that should be!

Thanks

Kevin
        • 1. Re: How to use qtRegisterAccessKey()
          Level 7
          "MCR" <webforumsuser@macromedia.com> posted in macromedia.director.lingo:

> Does anyone know how to use the qtRegisterAccessKey() with a protected
          > QT movie. So I have protected a QT movie with Sorenson 3 Pro and added
          > the key "abc" to it, then I loaded the QT movie called "Protected" into
          > Director 10.

It's a global thing - no need to refer to the name of the video or castmember
          itself. You can do it once in the startMovie event (and use
          qtUnRegisterAccessKey the same way when your projector quits).

> qtRegisterAccessKey("Protected","abc")

qtRegisterAccessKey("Sorenson Media","abc")

I don't recall how I found that out - probably by searching these newsgroups
          when I needed to learn it. Ah, it was back when I was experimenting with the
          old Indeo AVI codec.

--
          Mark A. Boyd
          Keep-On-Learnin' :)
          • 2. Re: How to use qtRegisterAccessKey()
            Federated Films Level 1
            Thanks for this Mark,

Be great if Macromedia had actually stated what "categoryString" meant in the help!

Would you mind If I add it to the Livedocs to help the next poor soul who tries to make sense of Macromedias minimal help?

Nice to get help from a fellow Boyd too

Cheers

Kevin Boyd
            • 3. Re: How to use qtRegisterAccessKey()
              Level 7
              "MCR" <webforumsuser@macromedia.com> posted in macromedia.director.lingo:

> Would you mind If I add it to the Livedocs to help the next poor soul
              > who tries to make sense of Macromedias minimal help?

That's a very good idea, please do (I keep forgetting about Livedocs). Make
              sure you mention that it's for Sorenson 3 media keys (I seem to recall
              something similar for the Indeo AVI CODEC back in the old days).

> Nice to get help from a fellow Boyd too

:-)

--
              Mark A. Boyd
              Keep-On-Learnin' :)
              • 4. Re: How to use qtRegisterAccessKey()
                Federated Films Level 1
                OK, I have just added it to LiveDocs, hope that helps others in the future :-)

Kevin Boyd