5 Replies Latest reply on Mar 29, 2015 1:10 PM by A.T. Romano

Unable to access Adobe Premiere download link after putting in redemption code.

Filitaliana

I purchased Adobe Photoshop Elements 4.0 and Premiere Elements 2.0 a couple years ago.  I purchased a new laptop and was able to download Photoshop.  However, I always get an error when I try to access the download link to Premiere.  Am I missing something?

• 1. Re: Unable to access Adobe Premiere download link after putting in redemption code.
          A.T. Romano Level 7

theresad

What is your new computer operating system - Windows 7, 8, or 8.1 64 bit or other?

Please clarify what your installation tools are - installation files from a download from Adobe direct or elsewhere or installation disc from boxed packaging?

If from Adobe direct, have you gone to the Adobe web site and tried to find "My Orders" and the specific order for the product. If download is still available, you should have found it there. But, if you are using redemption code, that sounds like purchase from an authorized reseller.

If you have a computer operating system like Windows 7, 8, or 8.1 64 bit, it is highly unlikely you will be able to install and work with Premiere Elements 2 from any source on it....maybe Windows 7 Professional SP1 64 bit using its Windows XP Mode which is no longer supported by Microsoft.

I have never purchased the program as a download from Adobe, but it was my belief that there was a time limit for how long you could download from there  another set of files. The following Adobe document has with links to older versions of the program. I do not see Photoshop Elements 4 and Premiere Elements 2 included.

Other downloads

Please supply us with more information.

Thank you.

ATR

• 2. Re: Unable to access Adobe Premiere download link after putting in redemption code.
            Filitaliana Level 1

I've got a Lenovo Yoga 2 Pro which runs Windows 8.1 64 bit.  I was trying to download it off the website since the computer does not have a CD reader to use the disc download.  Thank you for getting back to me. 

• 3. Re: Unable to access Adobe Premiere download link after putting in redemption code.
              A.T. Romano Level 7

teresad

Thanks for the reply.

Here are the points that I am not clear on....

1. As far as I know, there are no Premiere Elements 2 installation files to be downloaded from Adobe at this time. The exception

might be if you purchased as download from Adobe with the promise that the files would be available to you in the future for another

download if and when needed. That typically comes with a time limit of maybe 3 years (not sure). To follow up on that, you would

go to the Adobe web site, sign in with your Adobe ID and Password, type "My Orders" in the Search field, follow the "My Orders" link

until you get to your order specifically for Premiere Elements 2. That is the location where the installation files should be if still

available.

2. But "1" becomes questionable with your mention of redemption code. Adobe sales have typically given serial number not redemption code.

This makes me think that you purchased from a retailer. But, then from where are you now trying to download these Premiere Elements 2 installation

files.

3. I do not believe that you are going to be able to install Premiere Elements 2 on Windows 8.1 64 bit. I have a purchased Premiere Elements 2

installation disc, and later today I will try to install Premiere Elements 2 on my Windows 8.1 64 bit laptop.

Do you have any other information on this which would put the matter into perspective for me.

Thanks.

ATR

• 4. Re: Unable to access Adobe Premiere download link after putting in redemption code.
                Filitaliana Level 1

I was able to find a download link.  The discs gave me a serial number which I could input into the website for a redemption code.  However when I go to download I was able to download Premiere Elements 11.  I'm not sure why it's like that for naming convention.  Thank you for helping me search and troubleshoot though.  I appreciate it!

• 5. Re: Unable to access Adobe Premiere download link after putting in redemption code.
                  A.T. Romano Level 7

Filitaliana

Thanks for the reply.

If you are asking for Premiere Elements 2 and getting Premiere Elements 11, that could mean that the web site that you are using no longer has

the installation files for version 2, only version 11. If that is the case, your Premiere Elements 2 serial number should not work for Premiere Elements 11.

Just a note, just in case, the goal is to get a purchased serial number for the product that you purchased.Typically the buyer of the product gets a redemption code from which the serial number is obtained. I have not heard of a situation where you use the serial number to get the redemption code. So, please double check the instructions that you are following from the web site that you have gone to.

Please let us know of your progress.

Thank you.

ATR