3 Replies Latest reply on Mar 28, 2015 11:05 AM by A.T. Romano

How do I delete Adobe Elements - EVERYTHING - so I can do a totally clean reinstall.

paulp27948648

I did not use adobe to backup and got a new hard drive. Old hard drive is now F (was C).  Have worked with Adobe.  No success.  Catalogs are messed up because they use the unique identifier of the old hard drive.  I have given up trying to fix this and just want to start over so Elements doesn't establish a new catalog that is messed up just like the old catalog.  Where is this information stored besides in the elements database.  I have, I think, deleted all versions on my PC and all catalogs I can find, then reinstalled and got a bad catalog again.  HELP.  I just want to start all over.  Thanks.

• 1. Re: How do I delete Adobe Elements - EVERYTHING - so I can do a totally clean reinstall.
          A.T. Romano Level 7

paulp

What Elements program do you have and on what computer operating system is it running?

What is the Local Disk C for this new computer hard drive system?

ATR

• 2. Re: How do I delete Adobe Elements - EVERYTHING - so I can do a totally clean reinstall.
            paulp27948648 Level 1

I have had on this pc, at one time or another, pse 6, 9, and 13 (trial).  pse 6 has been reinstalled.  OS is Windows 7.  The new C is a Samsung 850 SSD.  The original drive C came with the pc and I outgrew its size.   FYI, I did download a trial copy of Lightroom the other day and have no problems but Elements fits my use better and I have been using it for years.  Paul

• 3. Re: How do I delete Adobe Elements - EVERYTHING - so I can do a totally clean reinstall.
              A.T. Romano Level 7

Paul

Thanks for the additional information.

If these are all Photoshop Elements programs involved in your issue, please re-post your question in the Adobe Photoshop Elements Forum

where you should get the specialized advice on the best way to proceed, especially with regard to salvaging valuable Elements Organizer assets.

Photoshop Elements

Some how your thread got posted in the Adobe Premiere Elements Forum. In the Premiere Elements condition the typical advice is to install to the Local Disk C which in your case would be that SSD drive. Some components automatically go to certain location beyond the control of the user. And, some components can be directed to other location in preferences. But, that is the Premiere Elements condition.

Miscellaneous

1. Catalogs can be found

Local Disk C

Program Data

Adobe

Elements Organizer

Catalogs

2. Possible program wipe out

Deactivate from within in opened project - close out of there

Uninstall the usual Control Panel way

free ccleaner run through (regular and registry cleaner parts)

and only if you have experience working in the computer registry

Start

Run

regedit

Ctrl+F and using the dialog for Find What and Find for deleting anything with Photoshop Elements in the name

But, first get the input of the Adobe Photoshop Elements Forum people.

We will be watching for your progress.

Thank you.

ATR