• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Is there a way to search for a certain text caption ?

Engaged ,
Mar 28, 2015 Mar 28, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello.

I am using Captivate 8.

I am taking over a project from another author and I am trying to make sense of it.  In one instance, the author has an advanced action that makes several elements appear and disappear, but those elements aren't on the same screen where the action is triggered.  Is there a search function that allows me to search for a particular element within the whole project like "Text_Caption_1762"?

Thank you!

Ryan

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 28, 2015 Mar 28, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OMG! You can search for text inside text captions, you can see which advanced actions are used on which slides, which shared actions are used on which slide but not which object has been used by an action. Moreover, apparently, there is no labeling whatsoever (bad practice) because you just mention a generic name. Those names have a number included that could help maybe? At least if they were created in sequence with the slides which is not totally sure.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Mar 31, 2015 Mar 31, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

: )

Yea, I think this is a difficult situation.  I am trying to really understand the advanced actions she (the person whose project I took over) created, but I cannot find the elements that are mentioned within them.  For example, one part of her advanced action is Show Text_Caption_1762, and this text caption is definitely not on the same slide.  It might not even be in the project anymore. Who knows.  But it would be nice is there was a search box, and I could type in "text_caption_1762", and it could tell me on what slide this was located, if it is still in the project somewhere.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm so sorry not to be able to help. Only the number could give some indication.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No problem!  Actually, I was able to click the "usage" to see where that advanced action was used, and that was a good starting point.  It was used on six diffrerent slides and the text caption i was looking for was on one of those six.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes, told that Usage exists for advance/shared actions and for variables. Also all the items in the Library have a Usage button. But not the standard objects like Text Captions. Glad you found it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources