6 Replies Latest reply on Mar 28, 2015 7:39 PM by 1helpmeplease

quality

1helpmeplease

The video quality of my videos are bad.  I had Elements 10 before and they were nice, but I recently update to 13 and cannot get the quality as before.

• 1. Re: quality
          A.T. Romano Level 7

1helpmeplease

On what computer operating system was your Premiere Elements 10 running? And now, on what computer operating system is your and Premiere Elements 13 running?

Video quality of what - import as it appears on the Timeline and is previewed in the Edit area monitor or export of the Timeline content to a file saved to the computer hard drive or burned to disc or other?

a. please tell us the properties of the source media

b. if export, detail your export settings (default or customized) and what player?

c. in what way is the video quality poor - jitter, blur, other?

Let us start here and then decide what next based on the details in your reply.

Thank you.

ATR

• 2. Re: quality
            1helpmeplease Level 1

Premiere Elements 10 was running on windows 7.

I am now using a new Macbook pro

The original video is recorded from Go Pro HD3 camera.  1080 24

The settings in adobe that I’ve used is NTSC-AVCHD-AVCHD LITE 720p60

The export to the desktop when played back is blurry and is not clear.  Hard to read road signs, etc.

Jeff

• 3. Re: quality
              A.T. Romano Level 7

1helpmeplease

If your original video is 1920 x 1080 @ 24 progressive frames per second, your project preset for

the Premiere Elements 13 Mac project should have been

NTSC

DSLR

1080p

DSLR 1080p24

So why do you write

The settings in adobe that I’ve used is NTSC-AVCHD-AVCHD LITE 720p60

In 13,  project preset should be set by you (manually) or the project (automatically) to match the properties of your source file.

Please do the Premiere Elements 13 Mac project using your 1080p24 source with the  project settings above (1080p24) and let us know

the quality of the Timeline previewing. Also, explore

a. Right click of Edit area monitor, select Playback Quality and then Highest rather than Automatic.

b. Evaluate Timeline render quality choices in preference (Edit Menu/Preferences/General)

The other half of this equation is what were the export settings for this 1080p24 Timeline content in this 720p60 project. What computer

player did you use?

We will be watching for further details. Please let me know if I have interpreted your information correctly.

Thank you.

ATR

• 4. Re: quality
                1helpmeplease Level 1

I tried the settings you suggested as well as changes the play back settings, yet see no improvement.  My last computer used Windows Media Player where as my Mac uses Quicktime player.

I used NTSC-AVCHD-AVCHD-Lite 720p60 on my past computer.  It resulted in very good quality.  You had suggested that I do another project in Premiere with export settings above 1080P24.  I  did 1440x1080p 24, but no difference.

Jeff

• 5. Re: quality
                  A.T. Romano Level 7

Jeff

If you have 1920 x 1080 @ 24 progressive frames per second (assumed AVCHD.mp4)

and set the project preset for

NTSC

DSLR

1080p

DSLR 1080p24

do you confirm that in the Edit Menu/Project Settings/General

project settings13.JPG

Assuming you do.

When you were previewing your 1080p24 video source in your 1080p24 project in the Edit area monitor,

was there an orange line or no colored line over the Timeline content. If there was an orange line

over the content, did you attempt to do Timeline rendering by pressing the Render button above the Timeline?

If so, what was the result - quality wise.

What did the following export of the Timeline content look like quality wise specifically when

Publish+Share

Computer

AVCHD

with Presets = MP4 H.264 1920 x 1080p24

I have used a 1920 x 1080 @ 23.976 progressive frames per second source with the above settings on

Premiere Elements 13/13.1 Windows 7 and 8.1 64 bit and got excellent results with the above settings and using default export settings.

Playback was with Windows Media Player and QuickTime. I am strictly an Elements Windows user so I do not have the opportunity do one on one cross checking of Mac vs Windows in this case.

If you cannot get good results with the above, then consider

a. video card/graphic card driver version

b. uninstall/reinstall

We will be watching for further developments.

Thank you.

ATR

• 6. Re: quality
                    1helpmeplease Level 1

I am using Go Pro cameras.  I edit the videos in Go Pro Studio which results in the videos being changed:

Type: MPEG Movie

File Size: 14.5 MB

Image Size: 1280 x 720

Frame Rate: 23.976

I am very aware of rendering.  My computer came with a graphics card - or was suppose to ( trying to find out if it was added)

I’ll continue working on the videos and will provide feedback soon.