2 Replies Latest reply on Mar 28, 2015 3:47 PM by ShakeyDesign

Editable Text?

ShakeyDesign Level 1

So i've been researching this for some time and can't seem to figure it out.

I've got a client that wants to be able to change a numeric value in an after effects video. Basically, it's a kiosk video and there's a price that will change from time to time. So they want to be able to change the price as needed. How can i achieve this?

I'm creating all the animations, transitions, etc. I have seen things about exporting as .flv and using an XML file with the value to be pulled into the .flv. But i'm not sure how to do that.

Any help/direction with this will be GREATLY appreciated as my deadline is 3 days away.

Thanks,

Rob

• 1. Re: Editable Text?
          Rick Gerard Adobe Community Professional & MVP

After Effects makes video and video is pixels and only pixels. You can't make a video with any software that allows for anything like what you're asking. you could build an HTML5 interface and play or if you wanted to mess around with programming, or do the same thing and flash professional.

The only way to have a kiosk video change prices is to build a nonvideo overlay or build a bunch of videos with different prices.

• 2. Re: Editable Text?
            ShakeyDesign Level 1

I figured it out. I've got to down save two versions to CS6, export as flv, then use Flash to pull the XML file with the price.

Thanks for the reply though!!