Screenshot 1: Please ensure your ebook is present in the location shown in error dialog.
If yes, Quit ADE and launch again.
Try to open the book again
Screenshot 2: "CE_COPY_NOT_ALLOWED"
Please check the following:
1. Open the file in Adobe Digital Editions.
2. Go to File -> Item Info
1.Select the file thumbnail in ADE library
2. Right click and click on "Item Info"
Check under permissions, Copying permission
Thanks for your reply.
The ebook is present in the location shown - I've tried quitting and relaunching, I've tried re-downloading from kobo with no luck.
I can't open the book in ADE at all, it won't even open on the computer to read.
I've downloaded the kobo desktop app and I can read the file fine there, but I want to be able to put it on a device to read.
Please ensure ADE is currently authorized with credentials that was used during book download.
You can also try one more thing:
1. First take backup of the particular ebook that you are trying to open
2. Now, Copy the ebook from My Digital Editions folder to some other location in your machine.
3. Launch ADE, Go to File->Add to library.
4. Give the path as new location where you copied the ebook.
Ebook should get added to library. Now try to open the book.