2 Replies Latest reply on Jan 27, 2007 6:29 PM by SwedKim

Why my dynamic text doesn’t look as good as the static one in the same movie?

SwedKim Level 1
      I have movie clip with dynamic text and static text. I am using same font, size and color. The static texts looks great but the dynamic one is not. How can I get smoot fonts within dynamic text???
      Thanx....
        • 1. Re: Why my dynamic text doesn?t look as good as the static one in the same movie?
          Level 7
          Advanced anti-aliasing can be applied only if you use embedded fonts and a
          TextFormat class. In your library, select New Font from the Options menu.
          Choose a font from the dropdown list and give it any name you want. Ok. Then
          right click that font in the library and choose Linkage to set it up for
          Actionscript, and in the first frame.

Add the following actionscript to the first frame of your movie to set up
          the font in the movie:

var text_fmt:TextFormat = new TextFormat();
          text_fmt.font = "trebuchet-15";
          text_fmt.size = 15;
          myText.embedFonts = true;
          myText.setNewTextFormat(text_fmt);
          myText.antiAliasType = "advanced";

text_fmt is the name of the TextFormat class. You can name this anything you
          want.
          trebuchet-15 happens to be what I named my new font item in the library
          myText is the name of the dynamic text box that I am going to be using this
          font in.

One more thing. When you set up your dynamic text box ... if you're using
          HTML text, don't override this with a <font> tag that declares the font face
          or size.

Hope this helps. This should make the text in your dynamic text boxes just
          as smooth as the static text.

Marge

"SwedKim" <webforumsuser@macromedia.com> wrote in message
          news:epgqc2$rjq$1@forums.macromedia.com...
          >I have movie clip with dynamic text and static text. I am using same font,
          >size
          > and color. The static texts looks great but the dynamic one is not. How
          > can I
          > get smoot fonts within dynamic text???
          > Thanx....
          >
          >

• 2. Why my dynamic text doesn’t look as good as the static one in the same movie?
            SwedKim Level 1
            Thank you for your very complete solution. I would never had guessed that.