• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't reload RoboHelp X5

New Here ,
Jan 28, 2007 Jan 28, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had to wipe my hard drive and now I can't reload RH X5. When I hit the setup executable file it says, Error reading setup initialization file. I'm not sure what is going on. It does this with the disc in. Also, I copied the disc files to my hard drive and tried from there and got the same error. I was thinking I need to load Service Pack 2 to make it work, but I'm not sure. Anyone have any ideas?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 29, 2007 Jan 29, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You don't need the service pack to install. It sounds more like the CD is damaged. Have you tried it in another PC? If it is borderline maybe another reader will cope, then you could copy the files to the hard disk and create a copy CD. Otherwise I think you will need to contact your reseller or Adobe for a replacement CD.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Valorous Hero ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all

Hopefully my world renowned and highly esteemed fellow Adobe Community Expert and colleague won't mind my offering another suggestion here.

It's probably a long shot, but in my dinosaur days of computing, when we had issues reading a CD-ROM, we could often work past the read issue by first copying the contents of the CD to a folder on the hard drive. Then running setup from the hard drive.

Happy Monday all... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As one world renowned expert to another (it's an in joke in case anyone is wondering) I am happy for you to suggest another idea, but where is it? Jeff has already tried that, see his first post. Looks like the jet lag is still affecting you. :-)

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oy, vey!

I'm afraid that Peter and Rick are being held captive somewhere in the West Bank, and their captors have inserted doppelgangers in their stead!

Welcome back, fellas...I think.

Leon

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Valorous Hero ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Grrrr, See, the fact I'm awake at 6AM should be an indication that indeed you are correct!

Sorry folks. Totally spaced that one.

When oh when WILL my body become acclimated back to good ole Missouri time?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm OK but I think when Mr Scott beamed Rick back to the US he didn't quite get it right. :-)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Valorous Hero ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LMAO - Here's some food for thought

In that show, with all the world seemingly being operated by computer using voice commands, wasn't it odd that that transport gizmo was entirely dependent upon a person sliding those sliders in JUUUUUST the right mix, in order to bring the person back?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Thanks for all of the suggestions. I found a tech note about how to completely remove old versions of RH before installing a new version. Even though I am attempting to reload the same version, I think I'll give this a shot.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp