Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

My Serial Number doesnt work

Community Beginner ,
Mar 29, 2015 Mar 29, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a new laptop, I have uninstalled Photoshop elements 7 from my old laptop

I have downloaded Element 7 to my new laptop, but when I start the application for the first time - it asks for the serial number. I enter the serial number available to me through my adobe account and I get a Red X - Not accepted!

Any one know what I should do? Thanks..

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Contact support by web chat or phone.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Mylenium - will use web chat tomorrow when its open..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HI John

Here is a network troubleshooting link. Go thru the steps in this link for activation help. Check the hosts file

http://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/policy-pricing/activation-network-issues.html

Thanks

Scott

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 31, 2015 Mar 31, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Scott - I followed the steps on the link (except #2) and it still doesn't work. My laptop is a work one, we use adobe products so I doubt is there would be an issue accessing activate.adobe.com. I tried the install using my home WIFI

I went back to the old laptop and my home WIFI and tried to re-install it and the serial number was rejected also..

John

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 03, 2015 Apr 03, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Anyone know where I'm meant to go with this?

I have a piece of adobe software with a serial number which now doesn't work - I've been told this forum is the only support available..

Thanks,

John

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 03, 2015 Apr 03, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Make sure you are using the correct number: Find your serial number quickly

Error unable to validate serial number | CS6

http://helpx.adobe.com/creative-suite/kb/unable-validate-serial-number-ccm.html

Activation & Deactivation Help

If none of the suggestions help then Adobe chat support is the only resource that has any ability to help with your serial number issue.

Chat support - For the link below click the Still Need Help? option in the blue area at the bottom and choose the chat option...

Serial number and activation chat support (non-CC)
http://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/global/service1.html ( http://adobe.ly/1aYjbSC )

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 04, 2015 Apr 04, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Ned ffor your reply - unfortunately no luck but I think I may have figured out whats wrong!

I have an element 7 CD which I registered with adobe. My new laptop has no disk drive so I downloaded elements 7 from adobe thinking once I have a legitimate serial number I could use it!

I'm thinking the serial number I have registered with adobe wont work with my downloaded version - maybe you can confirm

Thanks,

John

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 04, 2015 Apr 04, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A serial number should work for a downloaded installation as well.  The only thing I can imagine is that the number is not for the software you are trying to install.  I'd be surprised if you could find the serial number thru the online account since older stuff tends to fade out of site there.  For something that old I would expect the disk (case/sleeve) to have the serial number.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 05, 2015 Apr 05, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the information Ned,

The serial number I'm using is the one on the adobe website under registered products. I used the same when installing it on my old laptop - see below..

Registered Products

Product NameSerial NumberVersionPlatformRegistration Date
Adobe Photoshop Elementsxxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx7.0WinJuly 27, 2011

This is the only product I have ever registered with Adobe - I have the disk and sleeve but there's no serial number. At this stage I'd usualy look at doing an upgrade but I have purchased actions which are specific this version..

John

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 27, 2015 Apr 27, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Just wondering what is the normal wait time on the Chat Support facility? I opened a chat about 6 hours ago and no response..

If anyone is willing to test/reproduce my issue that would be great - I can send on my adobe account details. Any support would be great.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines