This content has been marked as final. Show 3 replies
Originally posted by: dragonspoop
- I make a box (box 1)and animate it from point A to point B
- I make a another box (box 2)on top of it, animating the rotation of it.
- I want the "box 2" to link to "box 1" so it will retain it's rotation animation, however, it will "follow" the "box 1".
Pretty much like a helicopter.
This works find in 3D max, however, when I go to export it to a .w3d file, the animations do not work.
OR, the "box 1" will move, but "box 2" will not animate, but it will still follow "box 1"
This kind of animation is not recognized (and not exported) by W3D Exporter.
Do in this way:
- insert 2 dummies
- create the animations for each one
- link the 2nd dummy to the 1st dummy
- insert those 2 boxes (same position and rotation with those 2 dummies)
- link the 1st box to the 1st dummy
- link the 2nd box to the 2nd dummy
- group them all (a single group)!!!
- export the W3D file
Thank you :) I'll try that shortly and see if it works out for me :)
I just group the 2 objects then change the center pivot of the group.
next you move and rotate the group