2 Replies Latest reply on Mar 29, 2015 4:37 PM by mrsndmn

How to align or sync video and audio?

mrsndmn Level 1

In Premiere 13,  once I have added a video/audio clip and then either slow down the clip or add photos in between the clip causes the video and audio to be out of sync.  How does one re-align or re-sync the clip once it has been edited?  Thanks

• 1. Re: How to align or sync video and audio?
          A.T. Romano Level 7

mrsndmn

On what computer operating system is your Premiere Elements 13 running?

There are several ways to avoid disturbing an existing Timeline when you are adding to it.

1. Using what are called keyboard modifiers, such as Ctrl or Alt (Windows).

2. Grouping block of clips so that the clips move together

The following video tutorial is offered for informational and not promotional reasons

Premiere Elements: Arranging clips on the Timeline using modifier keys | lynda.com - YouTube

It uses a version of Premiere Elements earlier than 13, but the principles involved are the same.

The video and audio that are going out of sync.... are they linked or grouped before the addition to the existing Timeline?

After the fact, you will need to move the Timeline components back in place.

If the video and audio are not linked or group, you can

(a) highlight the clip, hold down the Alt key of the computer main

keyboard and tap the appropriate arrow key for a 1 frame per tap nudge of the clip.

(b) highlight the clip, hold down the Shift+Alt key of the computer main

keyboard and tap the appropriate arrow key for a 5 frames per tap nudge of the clip.

Please review and consider. If questions or need clarification on the above, please do not hesitate to ask.

Thank you.

ATR

• 2. Re: How to align or sync video and audio?
            mrsndmn Level 1

Thanks

Using Window 8.1

The video and audio are linked and placed in the timeline as one.  Then I add photos or slow the video and the audio is out of sync.

I have tried to move the audio with the nudge, but when I do it appears that both the audio and video are moving together.  I am just trying to move the audio to be in sync as close to the original as possible.

I highlight the clip by clicking on it?

Do I have to unlink the video and audio before nudging?  If so how is this done?  I have tried by right clicking and checking unlink in the clip but nothing happens.

Thanks for your help,

Steve

[personal information removed... Mod - https://forums.adobe.com/docs/DOC-3731]

[This is an open forum, not Adobe support, please do not post personal information]

[If you are posting using email, please turn your 'sig file' function OFF for posting]