Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Flash player stopped working properly

New Here ,
Mar 29, 2015 Mar 29, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have this problem on Firefox and Chrome only on IE it work perfectly

the problem is whenever i try to watch a video or anything with flash i get a black square.
when i right click on it i get "Movie not loaded"

please help and sorry for my English
zadqdqdq.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 29, 2015 Mar 29, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

STILL WAITING

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 30, 2015 Mar 30, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This looks like a connectivity problem.  Do you have a firewall, ad blocking software, or something else that might be interfering from the daily motion site being able to actually download the video content?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 31, 2015 Mar 31, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i stopped Avg internet security and some of the websites videos started to work normally like (kissanime and chia-anime) but others didn't for example like ( dailymotion)
and then i was using Hidemyass web proxy suddenly i noticed that the problem is fixed but when i logged into a website normally the problem appear again
i tried a VPN same thing same error

What is happening and what should i do help me!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 01, 2015 Apr 01, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To give you any useful advice, I'm going to need to know more about your computer and browsers:

https://forums.adobe.com/message/5249945#5249945

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 02, 2015 Apr 02, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

first of all i forgot to mention that flash work perfectly when its https like facebook but does that error on http websites

• My operating system & version: Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit
  • My web browser(s) & version: I use both Firefox and Chrome and i keep them always up to date
  • My Flash Player version is: 17.0.0.134 (i also keep it always up to date)
  • My problem in step-by-step detail: The problem happens on both Firefox and Chrome .
    On Facebook flash work perfectly i think it work perfectly on every website that have HTTPS protocol in other websites like kissanime or Dailymotion it does that error

qsdq.jpgqdqsda.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 02, 2015 Apr 02, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay, you've brought me an interesting mystery. 

If you restart Firefox from Help > Restart with Add-ons Disabled, do you have the same problem?

The videojug video loads fine for me.  I'm not seeing anything that jumps out at obviously wrong, and I've never had anyone tell me that only HTTPS sites work for them before (given the size of our user population, we hear about *everything* that can possibly break, so it's rare that we get something new).

The HTTPS/SSL transport would guarantee that the content came from the site, and that it wasn't tampered with in transit.  If all HTTP content fails and all HTTPS content works and that's the main differentiator, I start getting suspicious.

I was hoping that videojug also supported HTTPS (many sites will offer HTTP by default, but will serve HTTPS if you change the URL), but they don't.  It would be really interesting if you could find a site that fails in HTTP but works in HTTPS.  Otherwise, there are a lot of variables in play.

There was a worm going around last year targeting home routers, and it would insert fake "Upgrade Flash Player" messages into random pages.  Those attacks were memory-resident, so if you power-cycled the router, the malware would get cleaned out (at least temporarily until the worm hit it again).  If you haven't updated your router's firmware lately, that's probably not a bad plan in general.  Rebooting the router is quick and easy, so it would be good to just rule it out.

The other possibility that jumps out is that you have malware on the machine redirecting requests.  I'd recommend running malwarebytes (malwarebytes.org) on your machine.  It's free and well-respected.  Again, just worth ruling it out.

For the most part, all the networking stuff happens in the browser.  We don't really care how the content is served (aside from some "does this have permission to talk to this" logic), because we're not really dealing with it at the protocol level.  It could be that it's just better written, better funded stuff that's working well for you, as good security can be a decent proxy for the level of effort and investment in a product.  Having a good 1:1 comparison would be really great for proving that it's really the HTTP/HTTPS thing.  It just seems super weird.

Do you have an "always HTTPS" plugin or something in the browser?  Any software firewalls or security suites (particularly free or off-brand ones), ad-blockers or anti-tracking plugins?  Does this happen in regular 32-bit release Firefox, or just in the other variant that you're using?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 04, 2015 Apr 04, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

like i said the problem is in both firefox 32-bit and 64-bit and chrome  in IE it work perfectly and it get weirder i just downloaded a new browser called Vivaldi flash work perfectly in it.

I've tried everything I could think of i uninstalled flash and reinstalled it and i did the same to the browsers and to AVG internet security

dqdqdqsda.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines