What computer operating system?
Uninstall, free ccleaner run through, and reinstall with antivirus and firewall(s) disabled is not a bad idea. But, let us look at some other
factors before that.
1. When you try to open the program, how far do you get....Welcome Screen - clicking on Organizer or Video Editor or other?
Have you tried to open the program directly from the Adobe Premiere Elements.exe file after you have applied Run As Administrator to that file?
2. Does the problem exist with and without the antivirus and firewall(s) disabled? Are you working in a school or company network?
3. Are you working with a pen and tablet device instead of mouse?
4. Is your video card/graphics card driver version up to date according to the website of the manufacturer of the card?
4. Do you have the latest version of QuickTime installed and are you running the programs as administrator?
Let us start here and then decide what next based on the details in your reply.
Besides uninstall/ccleaner/reinstall, we may next try deleting the Adobe Premiere Elements Prefs file or the whole 13 Folder in which it
exists or installing the program in a newly created user account with administrative privileges and trying to run the program from there.
But, let us rule in or out the first 4.
Any questions or need clarification on any of the above, please do not hesitate to ask.
my computer is doing what her's is doing,
except i cannot get it to open at all
and nothing pops up
what do i do?
Best start your own thread since it is likely that the troubleshooting exchanges may go in different directions which will be confusing to follow.
But, for now, let us see what we can do in this thread...have you gone through all the suggestions that were given to taveliben in post 1?
If not, please do so, and let us know the outcome. Problems with the same symptoms can (often do) have different causes so we need to
look at the specifics of each case and not take anything for granted.
I will be watching for your details and results in the morning or as your schedule permits.