3 Replies Latest reply on Mar 31, 2015 3:46 AM by joel_pau

Safari, Chrome report different Javascript Errors in Edge Includes. Sudden Javascript Death Syndrome.

g.bollmann Level 1

I get Javascript errors all the time, whether or not I'm attempting to add code. I call it Sudden Javascript Death Syndrome. SJDS comes out of nowhere with reports of bad code  in the Edge Includes file.

Currently, I'm trying to work past errors which EA seems to belch out every once and a while. I rebuilt some symbols from scratch. Clean, nice, careful. Nothing extra, no multi add/delete. No code yet.

In the course of saving iterations, and upon wishing to view version 9, suddenly nothing appears in the browser preview. I save, close, reopen, cleared, rebooted ... you name it. On reopening EA, I get "please check your page for Javascript Errors" message. I'm handy, so I looked in the Browser logs and got these 2 VERY DIFFERENT error notations: I'm a designer. I don' t know the first thing about solving an Uncaught TypeError. Nonetheless, I discovered the referenced file, minified in Edge Includes, is the same across all projects. I replace it with a known good one, but with no effect.

HOW can Edge Animate corrupt its own code - Edge Includes? I don't get it. JSDS is seemingly at random, and it is fatal as far as I can tell.

How do I get past these Javascript Errors?

Chrome reports:

Uncaught SyntaxError: Duplicate data property in object literal not allowed in strict mode      GV-9_edge.js:12  // I deleted the duplicate but - uh -  how can that happen. Def. not user error.

Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property 'stage' of undefined     edge.5.0.1.min.js:133 // The Stage?! How can that even happen??

Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property 'stage' of undefined     edge.5.0.1.min.js:126

Safari reports:

[Error] SyntaxError: Attempted to redefine property 'comfortaa, sans-serif'. // THIS IS TOTALLY NEW, AFTER HUNDREDS OF ITERATIONS USING THE SAME ADOBE PROVIDED FONT. (facepalm)

(anonymous function) (GV-9_edge.js, line 12)

[Error] TypeError: undefined is not an object (evaluating 'this.data[this.name]')

init (edge.5.0.1.min.js, line 133)

(anonymous function) (edge.5.0.1.min.js, line 66)

G (edge.5.0.1.min.js, line 69)

ready (edge.5.0.1.min.js, line 65)

loaded (edge.5.0.1.min.js, line 62)

callback (edge.5.0.1.min.js, line 62)

n (edge.5.0.1.min.js, line 38)

(anonymous function) (edge.5.0.1.min.js, line 38)

p (edge.5.0.1.min.js, line 34)

onload (edge.5.0.1.min.js, line 41)

[Error] TypeError: undefined is not an object (evaluating 'a.data[a.name]')

h (edge.5.0.1.min.js, line 126)

s (edge.5.0.1.min.js, line 127)

_getTimeline (edge.5.0.1.min.js, line 138)

O (edge.5.0.1.min.js, line 69)

rR (edge.5.0.1.min.js, line 65)

(anonymous function) (edge.5.0.1.min.js, line 69)

e (edge.5.0.1.min.js, line 43)

K (edge.5.0.1.min.js, line 69)

V (edge.5.0.1.min.js, line 92)

[Error] Failed to load resource: The requested URL file:///Users/hellofuture/Documents/Ideaful/GV-GrammarVision/dev2/GV-9/edge_includes/edge .5.0.1.min.map was not found on this server. (edge.5.0.1.min.map, line 0)   // This is also way odd.

Background:

Frankly, I've spent  *a lot* of times rebuilding things. I have uninstalled and re-installed EA, too. I've had other errors

I have not upgraded anything, etc. I'm trying to adopt EA as a new user.

MacOS Yosemite - Creative Cloud - Edge Animate CC 2014.1.1

Safari Version 8.0.4 (10600.4.10.7)

Chrome Version 41.0.2272.104 (64-bit)

Other details:

Project consists of a few imported SVG files, overlayed with text.

External libraries: no

I am willing to share via PM.

Other Errors:

I get many kinds of error messages all the time - also "out of the blue"

For instance: Unsupported path ... to a file that has been no problem in teh past.

C++ Errors

I really, really, really want to use PhoneGAP Build so I am suffering through this.

How do I get past these Javascript Errors?

Thanks for all help.

Message was edited by: Grace Bollmann

I can open again after removing the duplicate font reference.