4 Replies Latest reply on Mar 31, 2015 8:53 AM by A.T. Romano

Blending mode in PE 13

gordoni47 Level 1

I have Premiere Elements 13 and understand it supports blending modes (like Photoshop Elements)... but can't find anything in menus, etc. to get me started. How do I access this feature? I've searched every menu, pull-down, etc. and find nothing. I want to use "multiply" to try to darken a very bright scene. Thanks.

GORDON

• 1. Re: Blending mode in PE 13
          A.T. Romano Level 7

GORDON

What computer operating system is your Premiere Elements 13 running on? Have you updated to the 13.1 Update from within an opened project? If not, please do so.

As for your question as to where these blend modes are in Premiere Elements 13 Expert workspace..see Applied Effects Tab/Applied Effects Palette/Opacity Panel expanded

BlendMode.jpg

Duplicate your video clip. Stack Video 1 video original Video 2 duplicate, highlight the Video 2 duplicate, then Applied Efffects Tab/Applied Effects Palette/Opacity Panel expanded and the Blend Mode options.

ATR

• 2. Re: Blending mode in PE 13
            A.T. Romano Level 7

GORDON

Add On...after thought about trying to keyframe blend mode in Premiere Elements. My first impression, not possible...you could cut the video at the scene in question.

I will think about this some more, but so far cannot do keyframing of blend mode in Premiere Elements.

ATR

• 3. Re: Blending mode in PE 13
              gordoni47 Level 1

Thanks...works well. And I think it's possible to keyframe the amount if blending to adjust it throughout the clip.

G

• 4. Re: Blending mode in PE 13
                A.T. Romano Level 7

G

Thanks for the follow up.

Please let me know how you do with trying to keyframe blend mode. So far I have not been able to get that to work.

Best wishes

ATR

Add On after thought...by "keyframe the amount if blending to adjust it throughout the clip", did you mean keyframing the Opacity rather than a blend mode effect created by one of the blend mode options?