4 Replies Latest reply on Mar 30, 2015 10:19 AM by brads32213308

Does creative suite 6 have a 32bit version of Indesign for Windows 7?

brads32213308

I am running Windows 7 Home version 32bit on a Dell Vostro 230 with an Intel E5700 dual core 3 GHz CPU.  I have 2GB of install memory.  Indesign along with 5 other programs of Creative Suite 6 do not install citing the 64bit requirement.  Is my only solution to upgrade to Windows 7 Professional 64bit?  Thanks

• 1. Re: Does creative suite 6 have a 32bit version of Indesign for Windows 7?
          Willi Adelberger Most Valuable Participant

I don't know, if you can get it on windows as at least in the future 32bit support is not what I would expect.

But with 2GB RAM and dual core you are very limited in your possibilities, not only with InDesign but with all other programs of the CS. You will definitively need a better computer.

• 2. Re: Does creative suite 6 have a 32bit version of Indesign for Windows 7?
            Peter Spier Most Valuable Participant (Moderator)

InDesign CS6 is ONLY available as a 32-bit program. Several other programs have both 32 and 64-bit versions, but the installer should detect the OS and install the correct version.

Exactly which version of  Windows 7? Home basic or Home Premium? Are you sure you have the correct installer? Do you really have only 2 GB of RAM?

• 3. Re: Does creative suite 6 have a 32bit version of Indesign for Windows 7?
              BobLevine MVP & Adobe Community Professional

A little expansion on Peter’s comments.

CS6 is indeed only a 32 bit application. CC did detect which O/S you had but installed both 32 and 64 if you had a 64 bit O/S and CC2014 finally did detect which O/S and picked the right version.

All of that out of the way, your machine is so underpowered that you will be quite unhappy with anything more than very short documents.

• 4. Re: Does creative suite 6 have a 32bit version of Indesign for Windows 7?
                brads32213308 Level 1

Bob and Peter,

The installer excluded Premiere Pro, After effects, and Encore before it started the install.  Once complete the installer noted that Flash Builder and Professional, Photoshop, Acrobat Pro, Indesign and Prelude were not available.  The error log showed 64bit system requirements as the reason for failure.  As you say that must be the installer only loading the 32bit versions.  The 32bit programs, the 6 I mentioned are in fact all loaded and run.I will take your system advice to heart and look into upgrading this system or replacing it.  Thank you and any parting advice is welcome.

To: Brad Swift <bradleyswift@yahoo.com>

Sent: Monday, March 30, 2015 5:14 AM

Subject:  Does creative suite 6 have a 32bit version of Indesign for Windows 7?

Does creative suite 6 have a 32bit version of Indesign for Windows 7?

created by BobLevine in InDesign - View the full discussionA little expansion on Peter’s comments. CS6 is indeed only a 32 bit application. CC did detect which O/S you had but installed both 32 and 64 if you had a 64 bit O/S and CC2014 finally did detect which O/S and picked the right version. All of that out of the way, your machine is so underpowered that you will be quite unhappy with anything more than very short documents. If the reply above answers your question, please take a moment to mark this answer as correct by visiting: https://forums.adobe.com/message/7380094#7380094 and clicking ‘Correct’ below the answer Replies to this message go to everyone subscribed to this thread, not directly to the person who posted the message. To post a reply, either reply to this email or visit the message page: Please note that the Adobe Forums do not accept email attachments. If you want to embed an image in your message please visit the thread in the forum and click the camera icon: https://forums.adobe.com/message/7380094#7380094 To unsubscribe from this thread, please visit the message page at , click "Following" at the top right, & "Stop Following" 

Start a new discussion in InDesign by email or at Adobe Community For more information about maintaining your forum email notifications please go to https://forums.adobe.com/thread/1516624.