3 Replies Latest reply on Feb 17, 2016 5:13 PM by David Healy

inDesign CC2014: automatic page turns cued by end audio

GuyD-S

Is it possible, using inDesign CC2014 for FXL ePubs, to set automatic page turns at the end of each page's audio?

• 1. Re: inDesign CC2014: automatic page turns cued by end audio
          Steve Werner Adobe Community Professional & MVP

There's nothing in the interface to set that up. Within EPUB, it might be done with JavaScript, but you'd have to know JavaScript. (I can't say for sure since I don't do scripting.)

• 2. Re: inDesign CC2014: automatic page turns cued by end audio
            GuyD-S Level 1

Reference:  inDesign CC2014: automatic page turns cued by end audio

Steve…

Thanks for your prompt reply.

I’d assumed I’ld need to do some scripting, so began looking at ActionScript, with which I’m familiar, but the only clear use in this regard is within inDesign, it seems, associated with the sorts of in-app processes large or collaborative endeavours would be looking at.

Although I began with Fortran in 1960, have looked at C++, know html, xhtml, css, php and actionscript, I’ve always been deterred by looking at JavaScript.  Mostly, I suspect, because I was previously trying to achieve most things quickly.

I’ve already spent a few hours researching and beginning to further aquaint myself with the relevant areas of JavaScript.  I enjoy OOPs, conceptually and pragmatically, so it should be productive.

Back to O’Reilly.  Been a long time.

Thanks again,

Guy D-S.

Guy Dryburgh-Smith   Member Society of Authors

• 3. Re: inDesign CC2014: automatic page turns cued by end audio
              David Healy Level 1

Guy,

Did you every find a way to have a page turn to the next page at the end of an audio segment?

Thanks, David

Oh check out my account of the first Desktop Publishing conference that I hosted 30 years this week: 30thAnniversaryNecEdge