• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Sound suddenly stops working (Youtube)

Mar 30, 2015 Mar 30, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi!

Since I installed a Flash Player update 1-2 months ago, the sound in almost half of the videos I watch on Youtube suddenly stops working (usually only in videos that are longer than 10 minutes). First there's a short crackling sound (not all the time, though) and then the sound simply stops, even though the video is still playing. Reloading the page or jumping ahead a few minutes, then going back to the original spot usually only fixes it for less than 5 minutes and if I do that 2 or 3 times, the sound won't even be there for more than a few seconds. Restarting Firefox doesn't help, either. If I want to try again with the same video a few days later, the problem occurs again.

I'm using headphones (Sennheiser HD 201) that are plugged into speakers (Logitech X-140) but I'm 100% sure that those aren't the culprits since I can listen to mp3s, watch videos (avi, mp4, doesn't matter) or play games just fine and the problem has never ever occured while doing that. So it definately has something to do with the update 1-2 months ago and the latest update (maybe a week ago) didn't fix it. I also already saw a few comments on videos I'm experiencing the problem with about the sound suddenly stopping.

Browser: Firefox (36.0.4) - also tried loading the video in IE11 but all the buttons (quaility settings,...) were missing, so I closed it again.

Flash Player: 17.0.0.134

Any idea how I can fix the problem and if there's already a fix in the works?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 01, 2015 Apr 01, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Most of the videos on YouTube these days are HTML5.  If you right-click on the problem video, are you getting About Flash Player, or About HTML5?

If it *is* Flash, do you have the same problem if you disable Hardware Acceleration?  See the section on it in the troubleshooting guide below:

Video playback issues

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines