4 Replies Latest reply on Jan 24, 2007 9:32 AM by Peter Grainge

RoboHelp 6 trial version

Level 2
      I tried to run the trial version of RoboHelp6 but it won't install without a recent version of Word installed on my computer. I don't use Word and have no intention of buying it. Has Robohelp done away with their integrated editor? This would be a giant step backwards Does anyone know if I can use the release version without Word?
        • 1. Re: RoboHelp 6 trial version
          Level 2
          My bad. I just read the dialog wrong. Yes, it asks for Word and checks to see that it is installed but will allow you to install without it. I suspect it may still use Word for WinHelp and now it is an all-in-one package instead of separate RoboHTML and WinHelp editors.

I also meant to post this in the "General Discussion," but the forum didn't want me to log in from this computer. I guess it was just one of those days.

John
          • 2. Re: RoboHelp 6 trial version
            Peter Grainge Adobe Community Professional (Moderator)
            I'm not at the right PC at the moment to check but I don't think RH6 HTML can now produce WinHelp. It's simply that RH for Word still does that but you will not be able to as obviously you cannot use RH for Word without Word installed.

• 3. Re: RoboHelp 6 trial version
              Level 2
              There are three programs one can launch from the start menu, RoboHelp HTML, RoboHelp for Word, and RoboHelp Starter. The starter program was what was launched after installation. So it is not "all-in-one" as I stated but is consistent with previous versions. One does not need Word installed.

Peter, your "getting started with RoboHelp 6.0" was one of the sources that said it was needed. Since most people seem to have Word, this probably won't be a deterrent for many.
              • 4. Re: RoboHelp 6 trial version
                Peter Grainge Adobe Community Professional (Moderator)
                Nonetheless I will ask Adobe to amend the article. Thanks John.