3 Replies Latest reply on Mar 30, 2015 7:12 PM by A.T. Romano

How do I play GIF format in PRE12?

pattondriver

I have brought into PRE12 some video clips in GIF format. They will not play. What can I do?

• 1. Re: How do I play GIF format in PRE12?
          A.T. Romano Level 7

pattondriver

On what computer operating system is your Premiere Elements 12 running? Have you updated to the 12.1 Update using an opened project's Help Menu/Update? If not, please do so.

Can I assume that these video clips in GIF format are "animated gifs". What is the problem

a. they will not import

or

b. you are having problems previewing them in the Expert workspace Edit area monitor?

Please explain further.

Thank you.

ATR

• 2. Re: How do I play GIF format in PRE12?
            pattondriver Level 1

I have updated to 12.1 on PSE12 & PRE12. I got2 gif clips from a friend who

sent me them from her Google + account. She also sent me jpegs that I

handled ok. She also sent some mp-4 clips that my PRE12 project has

handled. The two gif clips are on my timeline plus 2 bmp. In Expert mode

the gif clips play video but no sound and they act like they are photos

linked together. The two bmp do not move. The timeline just moves through

them. I am using a HP ENVY computer running Windows 7 Pro. Thank you for

any guidance you can provide me. Ken Skopp

On Mon, Mar 30, 2015 at 5:33 PM, A.T. Romano <forums_noreply@adobe.com>

• 3. Re: How do I play GIF format in PRE12?
              A.T. Romano Level 7

pattondriver

Thanks for the follow up.

Please download and install the free codec utility named GSpot and let us see if you can get a properties readout from it for these gifs.

I am mostly interested in Video Name, Codec, Status as well as Audio Name and Status. You should also be able to get the frame rate

and frame size from that dialog.

I am not sure what is happening with the .bmp files. Those are stills so there would be no motion in them. I am not sure what you meant by they don't move.

What we need to put together is

a. project settings - what are the readings for Editing Mode, Timebase, Frame Size, Frame Rate, and Pixel Aspect Ratio (even if grayed out) found Edit Menu/Project Settings/General.

b. and the properties of your gif files.

If any questions or need clarification on any of the above, please ask.

Thank you.

ATR