5 Replies Latest reply on Jan 25, 2007 2:11 PM by noe4laj

Adding an email link in Fireworks

noe4laj
      I need to add a hotspot and a mailto link to a FW graphic. I know I used to be able to do this in Fireworks, but for the life of me I cannot remember how I made this work. It's been several years since I did it last and naturally my original file has become corrupt, meaning I am having to recreate it from scratch.

I know people will recommend that I do this in DW instead, but I am not using DW, I am manually coding the site, so I need to add the link in the graphic itself.

Thanks!

L
        • 1. Re: Adding an email link in Fireworks
          Level 7
          Right click - select Insert Hotspot. Use the Properties Panel to add the
          mailto link.

alex

noe4laj wrote:
          > I need to add a hotspot and a mailto link to a FW graphic. I know I used to be
          > able to do this in Fireworks, but for the life of me I cannot remember how I
          > made this work. It's been several years since I did it last and naturally my
          > original file has become corrupt, meaning I am having to recreate it from
          > scratch.
          >
          > I know people will recommend that I do this in DW instead, but I am not using
          > DW, I am manually coding the site, so I need to add the link in the graphic
          > itself.
          >
          > Thanks!
          >
          > L
          >
          • 2. Re: Adding an email link in Fireworks
            noe4laj Level 1
            That's what I was doing and it didn't work. I found a clean copy of the original one that did work and I'm wondering now if the problem is that the graphic I wanted to put a hotspot in for an email link is supposed to go on a web page. When I originally built the page it was just a placeholder, and the entire graphic ended up being the HTML doc. Is it not working because I cannot have an image with a mailto link within my HTML doc?
            • 3. Re: Adding an email link in Fireworks
              Level 7
              I would just open the html document in your favorite html editor and fix
              it there - alex

noe4laj wrote:
              > That's what I was doing and it didn't work. I found a clean copy of the
              > original one that did work and I'm wondering now if the problem is that the
              > graphic I wanted to put a hotspot in for an email link is supposed to go on a
              > web page. When I originally built the page it was just a placeholder, and the
              > entire graphic ended up being the HTML doc. Is it not working because I cannot
              > have an image with a mailto link within my HTML doc?
              >
              • 4. Adding an email link in Fireworks
                noe4laj Level 1
                sadly I can't fix it there as the client decided they want different photos in the graphic. I have to change the graphic. I think they're just going to have to live without it having an email link in it.

Thanks!

L
                • 5. Re: Adding an email link in Fireworks
                  noe4laj Level 1
                  sadly I can't fix it there as the client decided they want different photos in the graphic. I have to change the graphic. I think they're just going to have to live without it having an email linke to it.

Thanks!

L