10 Replies Latest reply on Jan 26, 2007 8:19 AM by zalel

    can't open PNG

    zalel
      I can't reopen some PNGs that had not previously given me any problems.

      At the same time, I seem to be having a corrupt font problem that's affecting Safari and Mail. Now, I am conjectruing that the same font problem is keeping these PNGs from opening. Are there any workarounds that will save me the time of rebuilding these files?

        • 1. Re: can't open PNG
          Level 7
          On Tue, 23 Jan 2007 16:34:15 +0300, nickymc <nmccatty@signifydesign.com>
          wrote:

          > I can't reopen some PNGs that had not previously given me any problems.
          >
          > At the same time, I seem to be having a corrupt font problem that's
          > affecting
          > Safari and Mail. Now, I am conjectruing that the same font problem is
          > keeping
          > these PNGs from opening. Are there any workarounds that will save me the
          > time
          > of rebuilding these files?

          If the problem is actually caused by font corruption, try removing the
          font from your system (or reinstalling the font). If the font used in PNG
          get removed, FW should ask you for replacement.

          --
          Ilya Razmanov
          http://photoshop.msk.ru - Photoshop plug-in filters
          • 2. Re: can't open PNG
            zalel Level 1
            Thanks, Ilya. Is there anything else that might interfere with opening these PNGs?
            • 3. Re: can't open PNG
              zalel Level 1
              Removing fonts did not fix the problem. Older versions (before the problem, in archived sites) won't oopen, either.
              • 4. Re: can't open PNG
                Level 7
                nickymc,

                If you would like to send one of the pngs that is not working I can see
                if I can open it here. If I can, I can make a small change and resend it
                to you.
                Just send it to alexmar at mt dot net

                alex

                nickymc wrote:
                > Removing fonts did not fix the problem. Older versions (before the problem, in archived sites) won't oopen, either.
                • 5. Re: can't open PNG
                  Level 7
                  On Wed, 24 Jan 2007 00:46:15 +0300, nickymc <nmccatty@signifydesign.com>
                  wrote:

                  > Removing fonts did not fix the problem. Older versions (before the
                  > problem, in archived sites) won't oopen, either.

                  Do other programs open them?

                  --
                  Ilya Razmanov
                  http://photoshop.msk.ru - Photoshop plug-in filters
                  • 6. Re: can't open PNG
                    zalel Level 1
                    i can open the files in Illustrator and Photoshop, but then it's a bitmap, not a "real" PNG. Were you able to open the one I sent to you at mt.net?
                    • 7. Re: can't open PNG
                      Level 7
                      Yes, and I emailed it back to you. Your spam filter might have caught it.
                      alex

                      nickymc wrote:
                      > i can open the files in Illustrator and Photoshop, but then it's a bitmap, not a "real" PNG. Were you able to open the one I sent to you at mt.net?
                      • 8. Re: can't open PNG
                        zalel Level 1
                        Oh. Thanks for that. Can you try this address, if you didn't already delete it? ojosabroso@yahoo.com.

                        • 9. Re: can't open PNG
                          Level 7
                          on its way again - alex

                          nickymc wrote:
                          > Oh. Thanks for that. Can you try this address, if you didn't already delete it? ojosabroso@yahoo.com.
                          >
                          >
                          • 10. Re: can't open PNG
                            zalel Level 1
                            It looks like it really was a font prob. I did archive & install, then I reinstalled FW. The PNG you sent did open. I reapplied the old fonts, and once again the file gave me that error.

                            Luckily, this time FW gave me the file sustitution dialog, so I just changed the fonts to ones that work.

                            Thanks for all your help!

                            Nicky