3 Replies Latest reply on Jan 25, 2007 1:01 PM by RKisKan

Localization in RoboHelp 6

brenwine
      Hi, I'm curious if anyone know what localization improvements have been made in RoboHelp 6. I see localization listed as a bullet point on the datasheet that is accessible from the product page, but it doesn't really explain what that means. What are the 11 supported languages? What about multi-byte character sets? My company is looking into doing some Japanese translations, but from what I understand, the last Asian version of RoboHelp to be releases was X3. Now that Adobe has resurrected RoboHelp development, are there plans to release an upgrade for the Asian version? Like other companies using RoboHelp, we're trying to decide if we should upgrade to version 6. $500 per upgrade seems a little steep if they haven't added any features that will really benefit us.

Thanks to anyone who might have some info.
        • 1. Re: Localization in RoboHelp 6
          JBCampo
          Brenwine
          We too are curious what Adobe means when it writes:
          "International language support
          Create localized output in 11 different languages."

Their lack of real language support for Asian and multi-byte languages is what prevented us from upgrading to the X series, amongst other reasons.
          • 2. Re: Localization in RoboHelp 6
            johndaigle Level 4
            I asked the engineering team about Japanese support during beta testing and I understand it is being worked on, but don't think it made it into the final release. Perhaps Shane or Bobby can tell us. Meanwhile these are the 11 languages supported:
            Brazilian
            Danish
            Dutch
            English
            French
            German
            Italian
            Norwegian
            Portuguese
            Spanish
            Swedish

If not in this release, hopefully we'll see it sometime soon.

john
            Adobe Certified RoboHelp Instructor
            • 3. Re: Localization in RoboHelp 6
              RKisKan
              One of my major reasons for moving to Flare was because of the lack of Asian support.