0 Replies Latest reply on Jan 2, 2009 12:50 PM by apocalipsis19

CFDOCUMENT - Acrobat JavaScript Issue

apocalipsis19 Level 1
      Hello Community!

I have a coldfusion program that generates a PDF file called Calendar. In this calendar (the generated Calendar.pdf file) I have some dynamic functionality like moving back and forth within months and some active links. I want to be able to display a tooltip with the description of the activities using Acrobat Javascript. I know I might be able to create the tool tip after the PDF is created by adding a field and passing the following code:

this.addField("myToolTipField","text","0",[coordinates]);
      this.getField("MyField").userName = "This is my field";

However we must take into consideration that I have over 70,000 customers and you can imagine the amount of people that check our calendar or download it. I want to be able to generate the PDF with that functionality already built in (the tooltip). This is where I am stuck now. Let me recap, with a generated PDF I can create a tooltip by modifying the pdf with Acrobat Reader X Pro, but this is useless because I want to be able to generate the PDF with that functionality already built in. I also want to know if I use <script></script> to enclose the Acrobat JavaScript.

Thanks a lot community!

Ysais.