1 Reply Latest reply on Mar 31, 2015 2:34 AM by Mylenium

Audio fault when copying an AEP

andyb25683848

Hi guys,

I've been having an issue with audio in After Effects, to make it simpler I'll explain the process of what I have to do.

1. I receive an edited sequence in premiere, which I then split into multiple compositions in one AEP file in After effects.
      2. Once all the shots are in After Effects I collect the files into one folder (using File>Dependencies>Collect Files)
      3. I then copy the entire folder over onto a server so a team of animators can work on different compositions, they each copy the AEP onto their own drives and work on different compositions.

My problem is every now and then the audio in a composition won't match the original audio given, I've checked the AEP on my computer and the audio is perfect, so somewhere along the line the audio is getting changed, I was just wondering if this is a known issue with copying AEPs across computers?

All computers are running on the latest version of after effects, I make the AEPs on an iMac, 16 GB ram, 64 bit, 3.5 GHz Processor late 2013 model on OSX 10.9.5 Mavericks. The animators work on i7 4GHz Processor, 32 GB Ram, 64 bit, Windows 7 Pro SP1.

Thanks for any help you can give,

Andy